Highlighted
Manojonline123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Bose Wave radio

They would never tell you what was the issue. If you are successful in finding out, please let us know.
To me, it’s a software bug which could have patched remotely but don’t want to take the responsibility.
bubbsod
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Same issue here. "Please wait"
Called Bose support and was as told $119 to fix.
The only thing I told the support technician was it was showing "Please wait" he didn't ask any questions about it, just my name, address and telephone number.
I said no thank you! He then said he could "give me a deal"
Why is Bose trying to scam the consumer?
This is a bunch of crap!
I never suggest a Bose product to anybody ever again.
Manojonline123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Exactly - to patch a “rogue” bug, they want to charge $119!
shmattson
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Tony,

You do realize that when you click on your support page, not only is there no way to find a local service center, but there isn't even any troubleshooting solution for this PLEASE WAIT issue.  This isn't helpful at all.  Fortunately, I live in LA and there are a couple of stores I can call--which I can look up on other parts of your website, but not the customer support part.  There isn't even a link on the customer support page to help resolve this--it just sends us back to the community!!!

shmattson
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Hi,

I just called the customer service number on the bottom of my Bose Accoustic Wave, a prompt later, I was put on hold, but got through to a representative.  I gave them my serial number, and the customer service representative quoted me the $119 + tax repair price.  I told her there was a 50% discount being offered to customers with this issue via the Bose community website.  At first, she was saying there was no discount being offered.  Ugh.  

I was then told she was going to put me on hold and that I could sing along with the music while on hold and I said, "okay.." interesting...  She asked if I liked the Carpenters and I said yes and she then asked if I knew "Top of the World"?  Sure.  I grew up listening to the Carpenters. So, I said do you want to sing some of it?  And then we were both singing the song.  

She loved that.  And I told her about The Karen Carpenter Story.  I know Todd Haynes did a version of Karen's tragic story with Barbie Dolls too...  Maybe too dark for her.

Anyway, she gave me the 50% discount.  I got the UPS label emailed to me while we were finishing up on the phone.  It's going in the mail today.

My guess is that this is a memory save issue--something to do with a capacitor that remembers the time and the station presets.  Or, everyone's CD player is dying all at the same time.  But I'll never really know because it's going back to them for repair and we know we won't find out specifically what it is.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

This is a 2 year old problem happening on a rather old product.  If it was me, I would toss the device in the trash and buy something new.

Manojonline123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Jim - thanks for your very helpful contribution to the discussion!
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You're very welcomed.  Sometimes it seems people chase issues longer than they should on old equipment that has probably outlived it's usefullness.  I see these for sale on Amazon and eBay for less than the price to return to Bose for repair.

shmattson
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

"I see these for sale on Amazon and eBay for less than the price to return to Bose for repair."

Jim, I'm not seeing them for the cost of the $60 repairs anywhere...  Can you show me a link for a Bose Accoustic wave for $60.  I'd love to have another one!  😉

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017