Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Re: I TAKE IT ALL BACK

IT WORKED FOR ABOUT A MINUTE.  I LEFT THE ROOM, WHEN I RETURNED THE RADIO WAS OFF.  I TRIED TO RESTART IT AND GOT THE SAME "PLEASE WAIT" MESSAGE.  I'M GOING TO COMPLAIN TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.  THIS TICKS ME OFF.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2014

Bose Wave - Please Wait Message

My Bose Wave shows a 'Please Wait' message whenever I try and operate any functions - radio, cd, aux, etc.   The clock functions (less the alarm) continue to work.

I have reset the device several times and have disconnected power for over an hour on several occasions before switching back on.

I see on other forums that this is a wide spread issue.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2019

Re: Bose Wave radio

Fifteen months after posting this message, I find myself needing to post an update on my experiences with Bose Wave radios?  One would think that I had awfully bad luck with two out of the three Bose Wave radios going bad after not-really-long nor intensive usage.  How about three out of three?

Yes, my third one has now failed to make my experience complete.  And it failed fairly early in the COVID-19 pandemic which limited my actions.  Why are Bose Wave radios so unreliable?   How can this be characterized as a good product?  Why do we keep buying them?  I have a Panasonic transistor AM/FM radio that I purchased in 1963 that still works as new.  I have KLH FM radio that I purchased i1968 that works, albeit with a little noise in the volume rheostat.  There must be obsolescence chip in there somewhere.  

My experience this time in dealing with the problem was slightly worse than last time and I thought I owed to the community to report it.  I took the unit into a newly-reopened Bose store where the very-friendly sales assistant took one look at it without even plugging it in and said "oh, we don't repair those any more."  He did offer me a 25% discount on a new unit which would be $150/$600.  I accepted, smoldering inside.  Even though this probably won't last any longer than any of the previous, it still fulfills a need that I imagine I have and, at my age, has a 50/50 chance of outlasting me.  An informed consumer would have to be as crazy as me to buy this product.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

I also had the "Please Wait" problem on my Bose Wave II AWRCC1 and the CD player was not able to play smoothly. It would make a skipping sound every second. I took the unit apart and replaced many of the small electrolytic capacitors. My Bose radio and CD player are now working like new! I documented the entire process and posted a YouTube video on how i did it. I added the link here but if it gets removed,  you can search for "Bose Wave II - AWRCC1 resets and CD skipping. Repair Please Wait problem"on YouTube.  This is not an easy project, but if you have some experience with repairing electronics, it will be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snuJdw60ueg&t=13s

I want to note that this radio has been plugged in 24/7 for the past 15 years. The small electrolytic capacitors are going to dry out.

Good Luck

George

My neighbor was going to throw out this Bose Wave 2 radio because the CD player was skipping. When the player is first plugged in and you try to select betwe...
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Philip The K wrote:

I have and, at my age, has a 50/50 chance of outlasting me.  An informed consumer would have to be as crazy as me to buy this product.

@Philip The K  Seems you have spent far too much time on this old technology. The Wave Radio is next to obsolete for good reason...optical, drives and media, FM turners, stereo speakers. While I wish you luck with your fourth radio perhaps you should give some thought about abandoning your pursuit of preserving these dinosaurs. Bose offers so many more contemporary good sounding solutions.

Consider updating your music platform to something like a music subscription and coupling your library with a Smart Home speaker for example. Want to preserve your optical library, try ripping your CD library into Apple Music or some other equivalent or skip that step and go direct to a music subscription. Looking for high fidelity have a look at Tidal or Roon or HD Tracks.

Best of luck!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Hi I have repaired several of these now when error please wait appears in the display and resetting it dosnt help it may need several or all surface mount electrolytics replacing especially on the p c board under the cd mechanism 

hope this helps