Philip The K
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2019

Re: I am having that same issue. I am looking through the ema...

I don't think there is an easy or cheap solution.  If you can, I would suggest you take it in to a Bose retail outlet.  They probably won't be able to fix it but they can give it a check-over to see if there is anything you missed.  If it needs to be returned for a more technical evaluation, they may be able to assist you in doing that or even doing it for you.  I personally found that to be a good way to deal with the problem. 

If that does not work for you, I think your only recourse is to ship it to Bose to see what they say.

bose fan az
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

Re: Bose Wave radio

I have a wave radio AWR!-1W that all of a sudden stopped working.  All I get is static on AM or FM.  Moving through tuning I see the "stereo" light come on as appropriate.  coincidentally, I purchased a second unit around the same time and it also has the same problem!  How is it that 2 radios of the same age both fail with the same symptoms at exactly the same time?  Has anyone else with this model had this type failure and how did you resolve it?

Cajunfire
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Re: Bose Wave radio

Thanks for all the info on your system. Called today, and sending mine off tomorrow. Guess it's worth the 63 bucks, vs buying a new one...and can't forego quality for cheaper radio. Hoping this 'fix' last another 10 yrs.