loislane911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Re: Bose Wave radio

Having the same issue.  Did you hear back?  Any solution?  Thank you so much.

loislane911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Same issue.  Did you find a solution?  Thank you so much,

TweetyBoll
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Sorry I haven't heard anything. My best guess is that it is something that can't be fixed unfortunately and that is why there are no other suggestions. 

loislane911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

TweetyBoll, Thanks, I appreciate you responding just the same.  At least I'm not alone.   Alas, the moderator should have chimed in... sigh.  

G8rRob
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2018

I have the same issue. It's a simple piece of equipment.  I guess some component on the inside died and that's causing this problem for all of us.  Has anyone had their unit checked out at a repair shop?

Hi,

I just wanted to jump in here and let everyone know that if you are having issues with your Wave radio and you can't fix it with standard troubleshooting, we are here to help. I would recommend that you contact your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

KWCaroline
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

I skirted the issue for a while by simply muting it instead of turning it off.  Then we had a power outage and I was screwed.  Bose sent me instructions to send it off to be "cleaned" for $100.  We don't have many repair options where I live, so I will probably do that eventually. I listen on line now.

loislane911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

KWCaroline, Thank you so much for the info!  Please let me know how that goes for you... even if it's a few months from now.  

Manojonline123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Exactly same issue - says “please wait” on pressing any button on the remote and it doesn’t work for AM/FM/CD/Aux. in short, it doesn’t work any more. I think it is a software big (related to some date perhaps). I am saying so because I have experienced this issue within last few days!
Manojonline123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Perhaps they have the software code to brick the machine after 10 years of purchase. If it’s so, then same on Bose. How can we escalate?