Highlighted
ssouder1956
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Bose radio/cd player won't open cd slot

My old system will not open the cd slot.   I tried restarting it and it spit it out and back in really quick and not even all the way.   The radio still plays fine but would like to be able to play cds also.   Is there a way to fix or should I just get a newer one.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose radio/cd player won't open cd slot

Hello ssouder1956,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the CD drive on your system. 

There may be some troubleshooting steps we can try to get the CD drive working correctly that will vary depending on which system we have. Could you confirm what radio/CD player we are using?

If it does turn out to be a mechanical issue that we cannot resolve, then you can also reach out to your local support team, as we have a variety of service options for many of our systems, even ones we no longer sell. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards,

Keith L - Community Support

ssouder1956
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Model AV3-2-1

ser no [Edited by a Moderator]

ssouder1956
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

serial number Re: Bose radio/cd player won't open cd slot

[removed by moderator]

Re: serial number Re: Bose radio/cd player won't open cd slot

Hello ssouder1956, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I would recommend that you perform a reset of your system. 

• Turn the system off
  • Unplug the Acoustimass module power cord from the power outlet. Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait for the words "Bose 321" to appear and disappear from the display

After the reset, try to eject the disc before turning the system on. Do not turn the power on or press any buttons before attempting to eject the disc as the system may encounter the same error if it reads the disc.

Please let us know if this shows any improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

ssouder1956
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Re: serial number Re: Bose radio/cd player won't open cd slot

That does not work.  I had already tried that but I tried it again.   It does not open at all

Hello ssouder1956, 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with your system. 

Moving forward, I would encourage you to reach out to local support in your region. Details can be found here.

Kind regards,

Jeff G