Highlighted
Gary Carlisle
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Bose soundtouch wireless link adapter

I recently purchased the Bose Soundtouch Wireless Link Adapter for my Bose Wave Music 4 and cannot get it to link to my wifi. I've followed the SoundLink set up procedure but it cannot find my wifi? I've confirmed that I'm using the correct wifi password and followed the troubleshooting solutions in the manual. Any suggestions on what else I can try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose soundtouch wireless link adapter

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gary Carlisle

Hi there Gary, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issue with your SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter and would be happy to look into this for you. 

In order to do so, can I ask for a little information here please?

1) What color(s) are the LED's on your wireless link adapter turning during setup, and at what point is setup unsuccessful?

2) Do you have a single network in your setup, or more than one? For example, do you have any access points/extenders, or do you have a split band network?

3) Have you tried the Alternate setup procedure that was noted here to try and connect to your network? To do this, place the system back into setup mode (indicated by solid amber LED) and then connect to the network starting with Bose. When connected, please enter "192.0.2.1" into a web browser on that device, and enter your Wi-Fi information there. When connected (indicated by a solid white LED and check mark) you can then go back to the app and select "Speaker already connected to network".

Please return to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

3 REPLIES 3

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gary Carlisle

Hi there Gary, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issue with your SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter and would be happy to look into this for you. 

In order to do so, can I ask for a little information here please?

1) What color(s) are the LED's on your wireless link adapter turning during setup, and at what point is setup unsuccessful?

2) Do you have a single network in your setup, or more than one? For example, do you have any access points/extenders, or do you have a split band network?

3) Have you tried the Alternate setup procedure that was noted here to try and connect to your network? To do this, place the system back into setup mode (indicated by solid amber LED) and then connect to the network starting with Bose. When connected, please enter "192.0.2.1" into a web browser on that device, and enter your Wi-Fi information there. When connected (indicated by a solid white LED and check mark) you can then go back to the app and select "Speaker already connected to network".

Please return to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

Msladixon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Hello Msladixon, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry but I am unable to see your message, are you able to resend it please? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W