Bose wave IV and Echo Input/Dot

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose wave IV and Echo Input/Dot

I purchased the Wave IV Input/Dot from QVC and the Input Dot from Amazon.

I have uploaded the app to my Android phone and am trying to connect the dot to the wave and it is not reconizing the device?

The purpose of my purchase was to be able to have alexa call for help if I should need it, as I am a recent widow and living alone.

Please can you help me.

Teri

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose wave IV and Echo Input/Dot

Hello @tbeagan ,

Thank you for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you've had with Alexa here, and would be happy to help!

In this setup, it is advised that you connect the Echo Input to the Wave IV directly via the 3.5mm AUX cable. Both devices are required to be connected to a power source.

From there, you need to setup the Alexa Echo Input through the Alexa app. If this is not discovering the Alexa device, I would advise that you try and unplug the Alexa Echo Input, wait 30-60 seconds, then reconnect this, and search again.

Please note, in this setup the Alexa app is looking for the Echo Input, not the Wave. Whenever you select this within Alexa, this will then feed that information back to the Wave via the connected cable.

If you are still having difficulties with this setup, please get back to me with the issues that you're having so I can assist further.

I hope this helps!

Liam W - Community Support