Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Bose wave SoundTouch can’t connect to Apple Home Kit and AirPlay

I can’t detect Bose wave soundtouch IV in Apple home kit app. As a result, I don’t have access to airplay to play music.

i have updated all software. Both on my iPhone and Bose Wave.

i have Bose lifestyle 650 which is detected and works well in the Apple home kit app.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Bose wave SoundTouch can’t connect to Apple Home Kit and AirPlay

Hi Amazon1234!

As the Wave isn't currently showing in your Home Kit app for Airplay, are you able to find the speaker in the Airplay menu for your iPhone itself?

If you are unsure of how to find this, then you can use the guide HERE for how to open the Airplay menu on a variety of iOS devices.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

I can play music via Bluetooth but not via Airplay on my Bose Wave SoundTouch iv. The device does not appear in the list.

however, I can play music via Airplay on my Bose Lifestyle SoundTouch 650. Please help. Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Amazon1234

If the speaker is not showing in the device list at all, the first thing to do is to check the firmware version. As Airplay 2 support was added in version 24.0.7 so you will want to make sure your speaker is updated past this.

To check the firmware of your speaker you will want to go to the SoundTouch app and navigating to the Menu > Settings > About > [Your Speaker].

If your firmware is below 24.0.7, then what you will want to do is update your speaker manually by following the instructions HERE.

If it shows 24.0.7 or above, as the latest firmware is 25.0.0, then the next step will be to try the steps shown HERE.

Let me know how you get on!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue with my Wave IV. The firmware has been upgraded to software version 25.0.0 and it's definitely connecting to my wifi network. I've also tried plugging it into my router via ethernet. I've also reset the Wave back to factory defaults twice and reset it up. I've restarted my router and apple devices several times. I have other Apple and third party AirPlay 2 devices which all appear buy my upgraded Bose Wave IV continues to not be seen on AirPlay. My iPhone is running iOS 13.5.1 and all apps are up to date.

I've been through all the advice on the support link provided and still can't connect (i have no VPN, my wifi is strong, my updated SoundTouch app is showing the Wave IV has a GREAT WiFi signal stregnth).

Are there any other suggestions or should I wait for another firmware update?

regards,
Paul

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Paul,

Welcome to the discussion. Sorry to hear about your difficulties. As noted HERE, if you're still unable to access AirPlay 2 after updating and attempting all available troubleshooting, please reach out to Bose support in your region. We'll be happy to help further.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Thanks for this info. The link you had mentions that devices manufactured prior to October 2015 don't have an Apple Chip to support AirPlay 2. How do I check the manufacture date of my SoundTouch Wave IV?

Regards,

Paul

Highlighted

Hello Paul, 

The eigth digit should be the year code. 

3 = 2013

4 = 2014

5 = 2015 

6 = 2016 

and so on. 

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Is the chip in the device itself or in the lifestyle base? I would like to change what needs to be changed to get the Airplay functionality. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

And where do I find the eight digit number you mentioned? Thanks.