jonhtran
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2021

Bose wave system III have power and control problem

I have a bose iii wave system. But I am having the following problem:
1, When turned on, cd runs normally. But when I turn it off, after 1 minute bose loses power on its own and turns back on immediately, periodically (1 min/time). Bose ejects cd continuously
2, when playing cd, I press the number buttons (1,2,3 ...on the remote) it switches to fm, can't play cd or aux ... the control is also messed up. The system does not work, only the time is displayed. have to unplug power and plug it back in, so it will be like condition #1.
What should I do? thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose wave system III have power and control problem

Hey @jonhtran, welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry that you're experiencing some issues with your Wave System III. Have these issues recently occurred, or have you always had these since you acquired the system?

Let's reset the system by removing the power for 60 seconds before reconnecting.

Is the remote the original remote that came with the system?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jonhtran
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2021

thanks, I've unplugged it for hours and refreshed it all. Remove the battery of the remote control. but not feasible

jonhtran
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2021

The remote control belongs to the device

Vicky_W

@Johntran, I am sorry to hear the reset did not work and I would love to help. Let's try the steps below to fix the powering off issue to start: 

• Check the power cord connections. Make sure the power cord is firmly seated at both ends. For more info, see Connecting to power.
  • Be sure the power cord is connected to a working power outlet. If the outlet is controlled by a wall switch, be sure the switch is on. You can also verify if the outlet works by connecting another electronic device, such as a lamp.
  • Your product powers off after 12 or 24 hours of inactivity. If there is no audio playing and no interaction with your product, it will turn off automatically after 24 hours, or 12 hours if the accessory multi-disc changer is connected.
  • Check is something is touching the touch pad on the top of your product. The touch pad on the top front of your product can turn your product on and off. If, for example, something is resting on it or a pet walks across it, your product might turn on or off. If necessary, you can disable the touch pad in the system menu.
  • Check if the alarm was sounding for an hour. When the alarm sounds, it will continue for an hour (if it is not stopped) and then turn the system off. (Note: If a button is pressed while the alarm is sounding but the alarm is not disabled, the hour begins from when the last button was pressed.)
  • Check if the sleep timer is enabled. The sleep timer automatically turns your system off after a selected amount of time passes. When the sleep timer is on, "SLEEP" appears on the display. For more info, see Setting the sleep timer.
  • Be sure your system is not in Demo mode. Demo mode is used for in-store displays. In case this mode was accidentally enabled—or if this is a newer system that was purchased as an open-box item—check that Demo mode is disabled. For more info, see Turning off Demo mode.
  • Remove the batteries from nearby remotes. A nearby remote might be malfunctioning (i.e. a jammed button). Remove the batteries from other remotes in the area and check if the issue is resolved.
  • Determine if the Auto-Off setting is enabled. If the Auto-Off setting is enabled, the system will automatically turn off when no audio is played and no buttons are pressed for 30 minutes (20 minutes for WMSIII with software 04.01.00 or greater). To disable this feature, see Adjusting the automatic power off setting.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!