Chris69
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Bose wave sytem and Bose Bluetooth adapter compatibility

Hello everyone,

I just bought a used Bose wave system and a Bose bluetooth adapter.

I followed the instruction trying to pair my Samsung phone  (android) to the Bose Wave system using the bluetooth adpater.

CD selected and pressed Preset 5 during 5 seconds.

No way.

So I tried AUX and preset 5 during 5 sec... no Way

Then, I pressed preset 6 to erase the memory and started the process again.

guess what? nothing.

In fact, as soon as I am on CD and I press preset 5, the radio with the preset 5 works.

I never got the bluetooth on my phone or on my tablet, as if the Bose wave system and bose adpater are not compatible.

If you have any solution , happy to hear them.

thanks for your help...

chris

[ Edited by moderator] 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bose wave sytem and Bose Bluetooth adapter compatibility

Hi Chris69, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the setup process and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly please ensure that the Bose Bluetooth Music Adapter is connected via the Boselink port on the back, then press Aux on the Wave system remote. Please then Press and hold Preset 5 until DISCOVERABLE flashes. 

You should then be able to see the Bose Adapter in your Bluetooth device list on your Bluetooth device. Finally, the wave system will show Bluetooth on the LED screen. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Chris69
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Hector,

I have done a couple of time what you described and nothing changed.

When I pressed the preset 5 during 5 seconds, I have just the radio working.

My system is a Wave music system II and not the accoustic wave music system. I think the Bose bluetooth adapter is not compatible with my system.

I checked the instructions ofthe adapter and one page says that the adapetr fits for Accoustic music system and Wave music system III. they do not mention the Wave music system II.

Is my thought correct?

thanks for reading me.

cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris, 

Thank you for following up with us and providing all the information! 

In regards to your query, you should be able to use the Bluetooth adapter with your system. However, with the Wave Music System, you may need to update the Firmware. This is in the form of a CD which can normally be sent out depending on the region. I would encourage you to reach out to the Technical Support Team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you! 

Let us know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Chris69
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Jessie,

thanks for your help and your awesome advice.

You were right...the Bose Wave system needed to be updated.

I have chatted with Bose assistant and he helped me to find the right update. 2 days later, I received the disk and I have been able to update the system.

So, my Bose wave system I ( I though it was the second generation...) works perfectly with the Bose bluetooth adapter.

Thank you,

I hope my experience could help other Bose wave system owners...

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Chris