rwilliam@radford.edu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Bought a used Bose Music Wave System and cannot find the model.

I looked all over the unit and only found the S/N sticker. Is there another way to tell which system I have. It has the radio and CD player. My wife put in a CD and then realized she could not eject the disk! I need to order a remote for this unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bought a used Bose Music Wave System and cannot find the model.

Hi there!

Welcome to the Bose Community. I would be happy to clarify here for you 😊.

If you have already found the Serial Number, you can pop that into the registration site to find out specifically which product you have!

If your unit has a pedestal, then you can check the underneath of the actual wave unit (the top half of the system) and the model is usually printed there (e.g. Wave Music system IV). You can then head back to our website and find the remote for the part you need!

Alternatively, you can contact your local support for assistance with establishing which system you have and to order the remote there. You can do this by clicking here, selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if needed.

Please give this a go, and let me know if you have any questions at all!

Liam W - Community Support

rwilliam@radford.edu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Bought a used Bose Music Wave System and cannot find the model.

Did registered the unit and it just said it is a "Wave Music System". Did not give me a model number.  I'm assuming it is just a plane Wave Music System

Hi again, thanks for following up!

I can confirm that this would be the standard Wave Music system then! The remote for these systems is still stocked, but may not be listed on our website. I would advise that you get in contact with your local team over the phone to get a hold of the remote that you need, and for further assistance if necessary.

Please follow up when you can, and we're always here if you have any questions!

Liam W

rwilliam@radford.edu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Ordered the remote and got it last Friday. The remove does not control all the functions. It would select AM and FM but you could not use the tuning buttons to tune to any stations. One of the presets would tune to a station. You could not set a preset. Could this be the wrong remote. The sticker on the bottom reads as Bose wave music system only.

rwilliam@radford.edu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

The remote would not control th CD player either. 

Hello, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Can I please confirm, when you ordered the remote, did the phone agent take the serial number of the system and confirm you were purchasing the correct remote? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Highlighted
rwilliam@radford.edu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

I could have ordered the wrong remote. I follow you link and some how found this remote. I went back and re-read your post and did not follow your instruction to call the support number and talk to  a Bose person. I'll will do that to day. 

Thanks for your time on this.