CD Not Playing/Clicking, Chattering

Highlighted
Silent Starter

CD Not Playing/Clicking, Chattering

We have a Bose CD player that sits on top of one of those four additional CD things. It's a model no. AWRCC1, about eight years old. . . .  When a disc is inserted, we see a "Reading Disc" message and hear a clicking or chattering noise. The CD player never finishes "reading" the disc and won't play it. Sometimes we can advance the track; sometimes we can't; whether or not we can, though, the track won't play. . . . We've tried a lens cleaner disc and one of those "canned air" dust blowers. No luck. . . . Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: CD Not Playing/Clicking, Chattering

Hello Smythe,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with your Wave Music System.

Before I suggest you reach out to customer service to book the system in for a repair, there are a couple of things you can try to help attempt to resolve the issue. 

1. Unplug the system from power for around 30 seconds. Power the system back on, then try again. 

2. While it may sound unconventional, try turning the system upside down, then give it a few firm taps on its underside. This will help to dislodge any potential dust or debris that may have gotten into the system over the years.  

If the above fails to help, details for support can be located here.

If anyone else is having similar issues, please feel free to try the above steps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Jeff: We tried banging the debris/dust loose and, believe it or not, it's working now. . . . I told the wife not to celebrate just yet. I hope that did the trick. . . . Thanks. Smythe.

Hello Smythe,

I am so glad to hear that your system is working again! Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know what the solution was for you, this will be very helpful to other community members who might have a similar issue. 

Should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C