samsman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

CD changer issues

My CD changer will no longer play CDs. I have unplugged, replugged, etc. and it does not change anything. I had a CD in the changer, so carefully removed the cover to remove the CD. I plugged in the power to watch the mechanism and the tray that receives the discs for playing just keeps moving up and down, cycling through the various CD slots, all of which are empty. I put a CD in, but it would not accept it into the play-tray. I am wondering if there is a misalignment or something, but don't see any obvious way of adjusting anything. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: CD changer issues

Hello samsman, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your CD changer. We are unable to provide self-repair instructions via the Community. Moving forward, it would be worth reaching out to local support in your area to discuss service.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

samsman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Re: CD changer issues

Nothing I have done, and I have done everything suggested, has helped this situation. I contacted Bose support and was told they no longer make parts for this device, nor service it. They did, or course offer me the chance to purchase another device, which does not play multiple CDs, which is the reason for the original purchase. The Bose sound is wonderful from the original unit, but now I cannot play multiple CDs, and no CD changer I might purchase will connect to the system because of its proprietary wiring.