Sheryl W.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

CD issues

Model #AWRCC1

SERIAL ***Removed by Moderator***

Radio works fine but all four CD tracks now say " not read." The first cd track that is part of the radio will play for a few minutes but skips. Any advice is appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: CD issues

Hello Sheryl W.

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with playing CDs on your Wave Music System. I would love to see how I can help.

Has this problem suddenly occurred?

Have these CDs ever played on this system before? 

Are you using a multi-disc changer?

I would recommend performing a reset to begin with. This can be done by following these steps:

1. If there is a disc in the system, eject it whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the WMS. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
    1. If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
  5. Retest the system

Let me know if this makes a difference. I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

agneschouinard629@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

I also haaving same problem with cd player... I have read the answer   but it does not help..

Hello agneschouinard629,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing some problems with the CD player on your Wave system. 

Could you please confirm if you are using a Multi-disc changer? Is this happening with all of your CDs?

In addition to the above steps, I would recommend getting a disc lens cleaner.

Let me know if you are still encountering issues after this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

yes , i have used the disc cleaner, ( not helping at all ) It does it to AAll my discs , It used to be playing so perfect !! Not any more ,,, yes I can listen to am and fm radio . 

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

the problem is not resolved...

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

issues are not solved...plus how do i take the battery from this remote ???

Hello agneschouinard629,

Thank you for getting back to me.

With this in mind, I would have to recommend that you contact your local customer service team to explore your service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

invasion13
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2018

Hi,

i have a variant of that problem suddenly all cd hab been rejected" disc unplayable" ,

i tried regular cd from disc shops , burnt mp3 one, even a  a CD "lens cd cleaner"  is refused

i already done the unplugging trick .

i am very disappointed by my first ever Bose equipment , it is only 14 months old,

i had inserted in it not more than 20cd , played them arround 20Hours/month , during the past year

and it's not working anymore ! I was expecting far more quality and reliability from an so expansive brand !

My cd car player has  thousands hours playing since 8 years, i was smoking in my car the first 6 years , its tray is vertical so dust/ashes  add the shocks on the road etc and it s still working flawless(panasonic brand)

My bose sytem is quietly sat in my tv shelter (open from the 4 sides, so not overheated)

If you google "disc unplayable " + bose wave soundtouch IV , you'll see bunches of the same symptoms...sad

Highlighted

Hello invasion13,

Thanks for posting, I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing difficulty with the CD player. In this instance, I am sorry to say that since you have tried all the troubleshooting available to no avail, the only option left is to call the customer care team as @Charlotte_G mentioned. 

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C