maryk91
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

CD not playing

Hi

my new Wave Soundtouch IV does not play CDs. It reads them then says disc unplayable.I have tried different CDs and disconnecting the power cord.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: CD not playing

Hi Maryk91!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your wave system, I will do everything I can to assist you. 

I would recommend following the troubleshooting outlined here. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Jessie - Community Support

cowfur
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

I have the same problem, "disc not playable". I unplugged, cleaned disc, etc. No change. Any other advice?

Hello Cowfur,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your Wave system! 

If you have tried the steps recommended by the previous moderator Jessie, 

I will recommend another solution you can try. Before I do, Can you confirm if the disc spins when it is in the system? 
Can you hear the system trying to load up the disc?

If so, I would recommend looking into getting a CD lens cleaner as there may be some dirt or dust on the CD lens reader and is causing your disc to be unplayable. 
You can find them in most electronic stores. 

Let me know how you get on! 
Liam - Community Support

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

If recently purchased, I would return for a refund or maybe a swap for another unit.

maryk91
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

Hi

I have tried everything that's been suggested by Jessie.  I don't think the discs spin, I just get the 'loading' message for a while and then 'disc unplayable'.  This is a brand new system which I had for my birthday last week.  Should I return it/exchange for a new one?

Hi maryk91,

Sorry to hear that you haven't had any luck with Jessie's troubleshooting. Yes; if it isn't too difficult to get back to the store, then a return is probably the quickest and most efficient way to get up and running.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

If you don't return it within the store's return policy, you'll be stuck with it.  If that happens, then it becomes a warranty nightmare.

maryk91
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

Hi

It would not be at all easy to take the unit back to the shop - I was given it as a present by my brother who lives nowhere near me.  If there is no way to fix it I would like to swap it for another one - would the cost of returning it by post/courier be paid for?

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You need to start the warranty process.