Grammacjebs
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2019

CD not playing.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: CD not playing.

Hello Grammacjebs,

Thank you for your message, I am very sorry to hear that your CDs are no longer playing but I would love to help.

So I can provide you with the most accurate information THIS LINK provides images and names to all our CD operating speakers, can you please let me know which one you have?

Also do any error messages come up on the display of the system when you play these CDs? Did these same CDs work before? 

Please let me know, I would love to get this resolved for you.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Grammacjebs
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I have two Bose Wave Radio/CD players purchased prior to 2004. Both behave identically when I attempt to play a CD.  (I haven't used the radios in years, both were in guest rooms.) Neither will play a disc and after I have tried each radio shows a display that is identical to the picture that your website shows for the product. *disC)

Hello Grammacjebs,

Thank you for confirming this information for me!

The CDs that you are trying to use within your system, did they previously work before and are suddenly no longer working?

Does this occur with all CDs that you use within your Wave system at this time?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tegan M 

Odielady22
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

My mom is having the same problem. The CDs did used to play with no problem. I was able to get one going this am but after I stopped it and tried to replay, the error message returned. The CD would not spin nor seem to be recognized.

Hello Odielady22, 

If you are experiencing issues with your Wave Music System, please try the following: 

- Power cycle the system by removin it from power for around 30 seconds, then plug the power back in. 

- Try using different CDs

- Try cleaning the internal lens element by using a CD lens cleaner. 

- Turn the system upside down and give it some firm, but gentle taps to attempt to dislodge any potential debris.

If the above fails to resolve the problem, please visit this link to find support in your country. Head to the contact page for details.

Kind regards,

Jeff G