Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2019

CD player does not play CDs

Hi I bought Bose Wave Music System 2 years ago. My warranty expired after 1 year. I tried to fix it but could not while my CD player does not play CDs.

Do I have to pay $100 to repair CD player?

I live in NY United States of America.

If there is any other way to fix CD player other than what it stated in Bose website, let me know what else I can try to fix before asking paid repair.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: CD player does not play CDs

Hi @nsb7, thanks for posting!

I am sorry to hear that you're unable to play CDs through your Wave system. When you say the Wave Music System II, can you confirm if this is the Acoustic Wave music system II?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Hi Thank you for your response.

It is Wave SoundTouch music system series IV.

Is there any way to make CD player work by my own effort?

@nsb7 Thanks for confirming. We can certainly attempt some great troubleshooting steps.

When trying to play a CD, do you see any messages or errors? 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2019

It shows on the screen as

"NOT PLAYABLE"

when I insert CD and try to play.

Very sorry to hear this. 

Did these same CDs work previously? Does this occur with every CD you place into your system?

Let's perform a product reset;

1. If there is a CD in the system or in the accessory multi-disc change (if connected), eject it
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the system for 30 seconds:
    • If the accessory multi-disc changer is connected, just disconnect the power cord from the changer or wall
    • If the accessory SoundLink adapter is connected, disconnect power from it as well (if applicable)
  3. After reconnecting power, wait for PLEASE WAIT to disappear from the system display.
    Tip: If any CDs are in your system, they will eject. After 10 seconds, a CD in the Wave Music System will automatically reload. The accessory multi-disc changer will eject any loaded discs after a reset but will not automatically reload them.

Do let us know how you get on. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!