Highlighted
1950 Chevy PU
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

CD's slow to respond

I have a Wave Radio/CD player. [removed by moderator]. Model is AWRC-1G. When I go to play cd's, the cd's "spin" but no initial music. It may take a number of minutes or hours before they play. I sent this in years ago to be repaired for this issue, got it back, didn't work so I just shelved it. I now how a man cave and would like to use it. I know it's not the cd's...I have a Walmart $30.00 Sony radio and cd player and they always play immediately! I spent 500 bucks on it when $500 was a lot more money. I would purchase Bose wireless speakers for my cave, however, I'm waiting to see your response. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: CD's slow to respond

Hello 1950 Chevy PU,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry that your Wave system appears to no longer be playing CDs. 

We would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you!

So that I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please confirm your system. You can use this link to identify your product. 

Do all CDs not play with your system?

Do let us know!

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

1950 Chevy PU
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

The product is a Wave radio/cd player...can't you determine that from the serial number and model number I referenced? Frustrated that I supplied you with the above, which you initially asked for and you're asking me to identify it by a picture?! It will eventually play all of the cd's...start time is minutes to hours as stated in original post.

Hi 1950 Chevy PU,

I apologize, however the information which you have supplied us has not come up with a product in our system. I asked for this information just so I could ensure we are discussing the same Wave speaker. 

Something in which I would first recommend is that you perform a reset of your system. To reset your Wave Radio/CD please perform the following these steps:

• Turn the system off
  • Unplug the power cord from the power outlet
  • Remove any discs in the disc tray
  • Remove the battery located in the bottom of the system. Wait 30 Seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Test the system. If the radio now operates properly, replace the battery with a new one

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

1950 Chevy PU
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

I tried what you suggested...the cd is spinning but not playing like before. I assume it will eventually play...now what?

Hi there, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

Have you tried a CD Lens clearer? This should help clear any dust or debris in your system. Hopefully, this should help. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O  

1950 Chevy PU
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Yes, many times...it's a 3M cleaner.

Hi, 

That's great thank you! 

It looks like we have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend for this issue. The next step would be to get n contact with your local support team to see if they can offer you a service. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O  

1950 Chevy PU
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

My patience is now razor thin! I followed your instructions to contact a local office, thousands of miles away. I went to service and repair and it asked for my serial number. When I input it, it came back as invalid!! I tried the model number...same response. Have someone from service contact me...I'm **bleep** tired of dealing with this website especially when it doesn't recognize a product that it sold me! 

1950 Chevy PU
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

So is this where it ends...just like years ago?