Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

CD skips...

CD skips on the first 1 or 2 tracks only!  It's been doing this for a LONG time.  Now with Stay-Home-Order, I have time to address it.  

10 REPLIES 10

Re: CD skips...

Hey Davidspotts,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

Let's get this fixed for you now then! Can I ask which system you have? 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Wave IV

Great so I'd like to confirm if this is all CD's or a particular CD? If it is just the one, I'd suggest giving the CD a clean and trying again. If it is all CD's, let's try resetting the system back to the factory default, This will wipe all settings on the CD player. To do this:

1. Power off your product.
  2. On the remote, press and hold the Alarm Setup button until -SETUP MENU- is displayed.
  3. Press the Tune > button repeatedly until RESET ALL is displayed.
  4. Press the Time + button to select YES.
  5. While PRESS 3 TO CONFIRM appears on the system display, press the 3 button.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

It's all CD's.

I performed reset.

It was improved, but still skipped.

Sorry about that! I would like us to check for any interference. Electronics can pick up interference from other electronics connected to the same power circuit or connected within close proximity. Try disconnecting the power cord from any such nearby electronics (i.e. laptop/phone charger, TV, cable box, seasonal lights, microwave, etc.). If the issue is resolved, try connecting the device or your product to a different power circuit or farther away.

Also, it would be great to know, does anything show on the screen when the CD skips?

Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

I "social distanced" it from possible interference and it did not skip.  

Also, it does not read anything on the screen when it is skipping.

Isn't this designed to sit on a kitchen countertop along with other electronics?

Haha! Sometimes, if there are too many devices, there can be interference. It depends on the signal strength of the other devices. As it does not skip anymore, I think interference was the issue here, are all of the other devices on when this happens?

Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

I haven't noticed if all other devices are on when this happens.  It's been happening for so long and consequently in so many different scenarios that I'm dubious that interference is the issue.  That said, it stopped skipping today.  I will monitor it and act accordingly.  Thank you for your help!

Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

My Bose Wave CD player skips or skitters during the first few minutes of play on any CD, new or old.  What's wrong and what can I do?