paulaqpr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

CD stopped working on Wave Music System IV

Hi there, we have a Music System IV and the CD player stopped working mid-cd with the message CD not playable.  We tried other CDs to no avail. There are not problems with the CDs as they play on the other Wave System we have and also in other systems we have.  The details of our kit is:

MOD 417788-WMS

SER [Edited by Moderator]

Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be resolved.  I've checked some of the previous fixes but can't find anything to help.  Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: CD stopped working on Wave Music System IV

Hello paulaqpr,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble playing CDs in your Wave system and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have already tried some great troubleshooting already, so thank you for doing that and letting us know. It's very useful to know that the issue is not limited to just one CD, and that the CDs we have been testing work elsewhere.

There are a couple of things I would recommend us doing next. As you have mentioned doing other fixes, you may have already tried these, but I do want to check we haven't missed anything.

The first thing we would want to do is power cycle the Wave, to do this we just need to disconnect the speaker from power for 30 seconds, then reconnect and test the CDs again.

Another thing we can try is using a CD lens cleaner, to make sure nothing is stopping the laser from reading the discs correctly.

If neither of these tricks were to work, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Snowstar*
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

CD stopped working on Wave Music System IV

This is exactly my same problem.  I purchased my Bose Wave IV on December 14, 2018 from HSN. I have truly enjoyed it for a year now and especially the CD player.  I did not set it up until after Christmas Day as a present and right before Christmas Day this year the CD player stopped working for no reason. So I went on line and bought a CD cleaner.  That did not work either.  But I just now read your reply from Bose and turned the Wave off.  I waited 5 minutes and plugged it back in and this time the CD cleaner worked part way.  I was very excited thinking I just fixed the problem but now I have tried several CD's to no avail.    Wave is flashing not playable yet the CD is playing on my Apple computer.  I have tried several CD's.  Please help me.

Highlighted
Snowstar*
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

Re: CD stopped working on Wave Music System IV

Update:

I did contact Bose local support and product is under warranty and I have to mail it for repair.