Can I play bose waveradio without remote?

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Can I play bose waveradio without remote?

Lost remote for good. How do I turn on radio manually?

9 REPLIES

Re: Can I play bose waveradio without remote?

Hey Lindegard,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you clarify on which Wave system you have?

Let us know,

Mohsin

I have a bose wave radio CD I lost my remote control it's an Awrcc2 how can I get it to play ?

Hi Toyotavoxypb428, 

Thank you for the post. It sounds like you have our original Wave Music System. To operate any function (adjusting the time, tuning to a radio station, adjusting volume) you will need a remote. However, you might be able to get a CD to play without one. If you insert a CD, it will most likely play the entire disc. When you're finished, just unplug the system from power for a minute, reconnect it, and it should eject. To get a new remote please reach out to your local service group. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll down and click "Contact Us", you should see their phone number. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Silent Starter

I have a Bose Wave radio alarm and I can't reset it I don't have a remote is it possible to do that
Silent Starter

Is the Bose Wave radio alarm

Hi joeframes0217

Thanks for writing in!

In order to reset the Wave Radio systems, unplug the system from power for 1 minute  If your radio does not have physical buttons on the top of it, it would require a remote control.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Silent Starter

Can you please update the Sound Wave App to include all the features of the remote? I would imagine for a $600 radio you could afford to update an app.
Silent Starter

Hi Tony,

I have a very old, original wave radio (with the physical buttons) but lost the remote. I read somewhere on this conversation that there is such a thing as a waveradio app out there. Does it substitute the remote?

Thanks

Hi aminino,

Thanks for writing in!

The SoundTouch app was designed to control the internet portion of the Wave SoundTouch and Wave SoundTouch IV and would not act as a replacement for a controller.  I would recommend reaching out to your local support team by clicking HERE for a new remote.  Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Warm Regards,

Tony A