thd
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Can I play the video from samsungsmartphone viaconnections to BOSEWAVEMUSICSYSTEM IV and toTV screen

I have a question on bose wave music system IV to be connected to my TV. 

Can you play the video from my samsungsmartphone S7 with connections to BOSEWAVEMUSICSYSTEM IV and to TV screen?  That is I would like to have the audio played out on BOSE MUSIC SYSTEM IV and the video image to appear on my large TV screen.

Bose product name

BOSE wave music system IV

Country

USA

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on Android 11).

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

family room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

N/A

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Re: Can I play the video from samsungsmartphone viaconnections to BOSEWAVEMUSICSYSTEM IV and toTV...

Hey Thd, 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome!

Regarding your query, we do not recommend that you connect a Wave system to your TV as it was not designed for this function. 

However, you can connect your system to your TV using an auxiliary cable to the headphones jack of the TV. Then you should get audio from any source your TV plays through the Wave. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
thd
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Re: Can I play the video from samsungsmartphone viaconnections to BOSEWAVEMUSICSYSTEM IV and toTV...

Which "your system" are you referring to here?  (You said it is not BOSE WAVE IV connected to TV).

"However, you can connect your system to your TV using an auxiliary cable to the headphones jack of the TV. "

Jeff_G

Hi thd, 

Jessie is referring to the Wave system. 

The Wave System is not designed to be used in the manner you suggested, but, should you wish to connect it to your TV, you can run a 3.5mm aux cable between the Bose system and the TV's headphone output. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!