Can't play spotify from 1 smartphone and Pandora from another

Silent Starter

Can't play spotify from 1 smartphone and Pandora from another

The Wave Soundtouch system can stream music from an app on your smart phone.  However, I have Pandora on my phone and my husband has Spotify on his.  The Wave Soundtouch always connects with the phone that it most recently connected to so we can't alternate and play one or the other.  If I was the last one to use the app on my phone, the system automatically pairs with my phone if it is in range.  And vic versa.  We would like to be able to use either phone, depending on which service we want to stream.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can't play spotify from 1 smartphone and Pandora from another

Hi, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

If you are using Bluetooth to transmit the audio from different phones, I'm afraid you would need to manually disconnect the last phone that was connected to the Wave radio and connect the new device. However, if you have the premium versions of Pandora and Spotify, you can log into these accounts within the Soundtouch app and play these audio sources without having to disconnect and reconnect via Bluetooth.

Have a great day

Leon_C - Community Support

Silent Starter

Thanks!  How does one manually disconnect a smartphone?

Highlighted

Hi,

You would go to the Bluetooth settings within your device and disconnect the connection from this to the speaker. This will then allow you to connect another Bluetooth device to said speaker whilst it is in Bluetooth mode.

I hope this helps.

Leon_C

Silent Starter

We tried that after you responded but it did not work.  We went to the Samsung phone, turned off bluetooth, got "ready to pair" on the soundwave readout, tried to pair via the bluetooth settings on my iphone and also through the app on my iphone but could not connect.  Any other ideas on how to connect from a different phone?  I was able to conect with my iphone initially but no longer can.

Hello Jpscape,

You may have to clear the pairing list in order to connect your phone to your device.

To clear the pairing list please follow these instructions:

1. Turn the system is on
  2. Press and hold the remote's  button for about 10 seconds
  3. The system display will confirm that the list is cleared
  4. In the source device's Bluetooth settings, remove the Bose system from the device's paired device list memory (refer to the device's documentation for instructions)

Once the pairing list has been cleared, previously paired devices will need to be repaired. 

Kind Regards

Prince O