Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2016

Cannot connect Wave Soundtouch III to wifi

I was able to connect my Bose Wave Soundtouch III system to my 2.4 Ghz wifi earlier while using a single band router, but recently the ISP has replaced the router with a dual band one where I am not able connect the system with same 2.4 Ghz wifi. I kept the same SSID and password in new router. While connecting the system through Soundtouch App it is showing all Wifi SSIDs in list, but after I select mine and click connect it tries for some time and then gives error "Wifi network found". Whereas other devices like mobiles, laptops etc are able to connect to same wifi network. Kindly help.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Cannot connect Wave Soundtouch III to wifi

Hi dbag73,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're having this experience. 

The Wave III is not compatible with the SoundTouch pedestal, can you please confirm for us if this is the Wave SoundTouch IV you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2016

Hi,

I think the system i have is Wave Soundtouch III with a pedestal - the same it shows when I search with serial number . Pl see attached the image of the system. Thanks.IMG_2533.jpg

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this, I apologise for the confusion. This is the Wave Soundtouch Music System

Lets perform a factory reset of your system. You can find instruction for this here. 

Do let us know if you get any better results?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2016

Hi,

I already did a factory reset before writing here, but it didn't get resolved. It seems either the system not compatible with dual band routers or has some bug in wifi connection. Does it create any log where the issue can be identified? Thanks.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that for us @dbag73. Your system should be compatible with a dual-band router as long as your device and speaker are on the same band. Let's see if we can use the alternate set up method to get this working. You can find the steps to do this here

Let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2016

Hi, I did the steps you suggested, but after selecting and applying the wifi the indicator blinks in white for few seconds then turns into blinking amber. Thanks.

Community Manager

Hey dbag73, sorry to hear that your issues are still ongoing. The older SoundTouch Wave model supports an older 802.11 b/g wireless frequency. Many modern routers may use newer technology, being "n" vs "b/g". Newer modems are backward compatible, meaning that the b/g options are likely still available. 

Can you double-check what wireless frequencies that your newer router is using? These settings can be viewed and changed directly within your internet router's settings itself. If you need assistance with accessing this, your internet provider will be able to assist. 

This may not be the root cause of your issue, but from my personal experience, this has thrown a spanner in the works when trying to set up older hardware with newer devices. Hope to hear back soon. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2016

Hi, checked the router configuration, but it doesn't show the frequency type of the SSID, Pl rfer to the attached image. Even I am not able to add any new SSID of my choice. Thanks.

router_config1.png

Highlighted

@dbag73 Would it be possible to reach out to your service provider in order to look into the frequency being used? As all ISP dashboards are different, it's hard to direct you where to find this information on your settings.

Let us know how you get on with this.