macho2910
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2019

Connecting SA3 with Sa2 with bose link

Hi, I have two amplifiers SA3 and SA2

the SA3 was working with aux input from TV and two speakers DS16S, works great!!

I want to add an amplifier SA2 with 2 speakers 151, the connection between the 2 amplifiers is made through the bose link A cable. but dont works.

Does anyone have an idea that I'm missing?

Thanks.

Bose.jpgconnections

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Connecting SA3 with Sa2 with bose link

Hi Macho2910,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I appreciate the effort you have gone through to create this image and it was most helpful, thank you!

It is likely that this isn't functioning as most BoseLink connected products require a 'Main Room' Which is where you would set the house code and room code for your setup. This is normally done by adding a Media Console to the setup. 

I'm curious, have you ever been able to get this working?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

macho2910
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2019

thanks for your answer

well actually only works the first part: the amplifier SA3 with auxiliary inputs and the speakers bose freespace ds16se. look the pictures. the gray box switches audio input between bluetooht receiver and TVWhatsApp Image 2019-06-25 at 4.39.30 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-06-25 at 4.39.22 PM.jpeg 

Highlighted

Hi Macho2910,

thank you for coming back to me and clarifying this. Also, thank you for the images, It was most helpful. 

I have double checked and it doesn't look like you'll be able to connect the two Amps in BoseLink without a media console. This is due to the settings and setup that the media console offers. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please come back to us! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

macho2910
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2019

thanks for all, my last question is:

it is possible to connect an auxiliary audio input to amplifier SA2 at input Bose Link Input with the cable 285320-0207 (bose link RCA to DIN) and listen this audio in the speakers?

Hi Macho2910, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this.

This should work! Please update us on the result of this.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B