Patsie0409
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2021

Connecting TV to play the sound through my Bose Wave Music system to a Panasonic Smart TV

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Connecting TV to play the sound through my Bose Wave Music system to a Panasonic Smart TV

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi Patsie0409, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

While the Wave Music System is not a TV speaker per se, there is an AUX input on the back of the system to allow for connecting other devices like your television. For this to work, your TV will need to support a form of Analog output. This is generally a headphone output or a red/white RCA output. 

If your TV has a headphone output, you can use a 3.5mm stereo minijack to stereo minijack cable

If your TV has a red/white RCA output, use a 3.5mm stereo minijack to 2-Male RCA cable.

Please note that just because your TV may have red and white ports, they may not be an audio output. You can tell the difference between an analog input or output based on the symbol that accompanies the ports:

• If the arrow head is inside the circle, it is an INPUT
  • If the arrow head is outside of the circle, it is an OUTPUT. (This is what we need!)

input output.JPG

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, please get back in touch! 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_G

Re: Connecting TV to play the sound through my Bose Wave Music system to a Panasonic Smart TV

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi Patsie0409, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

While the Wave Music System is not a TV speaker per se, there is an AUX input on the back of the system to allow for connecting other devices like your television. For this to work, your TV will need to support a form of Analog output. This is generally a headphone output or a red/white RCA output. 

If your TV has a headphone output, you can use a 3.5mm stereo minijack to stereo minijack cable

If your TV has a red/white RCA output, use a 3.5mm stereo minijack to 2-Male RCA cable.

Please note that just because your TV may have red and white ports, they may not be an audio output. You can tell the difference between an analog input or output based on the symbol that accompanies the ports:

• If the arrow head is inside the circle, it is an INPUT
  • If the arrow head is outside of the circle, it is an OUTPUT. (This is what we need!)

input output.JPG

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, please get back in touch! 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Patsie0409
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2021

Hello

Thank you for your answer.  It has helped enormously.