Mamatiff
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Connecting Wave Music System AWRCC1 to Bose Wireless Bluetooth Speaker

Hello, I am new to the community, I have a Bose Wave Music System Model AWRCC1 that I would like to connect to my Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth® speaker II. 

I purchased an Esinkin Bluetooth Audio Adapter but I am not sure how to connect it and if this is what I need. 

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Connecting Wave Music System AWRCC1 to Bose Wireless Bluetooth Speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mamatiff

Hello Mamatiff, 

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for posting. 

Is there a specific reason why you wish to connect the SoundLink Color II to the Wave system? 

The Wave Music System has a headphone output. If you were to connect a cable or adapter to this port, your Wave System's built-in speakers will mute. If you are looking to have both the speaker and system playing audio at the same time, I would rule out trying to connect the two products together.

If, however, you are looking to play music in another room from an internal source on the Wave, and are happy to not have audio playing through the Wave System at the same time, then a Bluetooth Audio Transmitter is recommended.

It is crucial that you use a Transmitter and not a Receiver. Receivers receive audio from an external source, whereas a transmitter sends audio to another device (in this case, to the SoundLink Color II.)

I hope this helps answer your question, but if you need any more help or have any other questions, do not hesitate to get back in touch! 😊

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mamatiff

Hello Mamatiff, 

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for posting. 

Is there a specific reason why you wish to connect the SoundLink Color II to the Wave system? 

The Wave Music System has a headphone output. If you were to connect a cable or adapter to this port, your Wave System's built-in speakers will mute. If you are looking to have both the speaker and system playing audio at the same time, I would rule out trying to connect the two products together.

If, however, you are looking to play music in another room from an internal source on the Wave, and are happy to not have audio playing through the Wave System at the same time, then a Bluetooth Audio Transmitter is recommended.

It is crucial that you use a Transmitter and not a Receiver. Receivers receive audio from an external source, whereas a transmitter sends audio to another device (in this case, to the SoundLink Color II.)

I hope this helps answer your question, but if you need any more help or have any other questions, do not hesitate to get back in touch! 😊

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mamatiff
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Hello Jeff G,

Thank you for your prompt response. I was trying to connect the wave system to the SoundLink II in order to play the radio through the SoundLink II in another room. I understand now that I would need a transmitter rather than a receiver to make this happen.

Thank you again,

Mamatiff