Highlighted
zer0State
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

DAB Port

Purchased a new Bose Wave Music System IV.  Received the unit today and set it up.  Prior to purchasing I looked over the manual online and it shows a port for a DAB antenna and the manual also shows it to be provided with a 2.5mm dipole antenna.

There is no DAB port on my unit and no antenna.

Was there a change made recently to this unit that no longer provides the port?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: DAB Port

Hello zer0State, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

The Wave Music System IV features a DAB 2.5mm port when sold in regions that support DAB digital radio. Are you in a country that supports DAB? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

zer0State
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

No idea (USA).  I'm just going off of the manual for the unit prior to purchasing.  Nothing is stated in the document regarding any restrictions.  Shouldn't this be listed as such in the manual?

If I ever wish to sell the unit, not having the DAB port could mean fewer people would be interested in purchasing it if they use DAB.

Hi zer0state,

Thank you for providing that information.

The USA doesn't use DAB for its digital radio broadcasts, which would be why you do not have a DAB port or DAB antenna included with your Wave Music System IV.

The owner's guide does seem to have information on setting up a DAB antenna, due to the fact that it is not region-specific.

I do apologize for any confusion over this, but I hope this helps clarify things for you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

Keith L