Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

Differences in sound quality of Bose Wave System products over time.

Bose product name

Bose Wave System

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Sound Touch app

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I own a Bose Wave System connected to a Bose SoundTouch wireless link adapter.

The III and IV Bose Wave latest versions, apart from their latest design, alarms, and connectivity features, are there any difference in terms of sound quality? 

In short, has there been a sound  improvement( noticeable for average users) in the development of the Bose Wave products over time?

What environment do you experience the issue in?

home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Differences in sound quality of Bose Wave System products over time.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gabriello

Hi Gabriello,

We do always look to improve our speakers with every version that is released adding features and making sure we get the best sound possible. As I find sound can be very subjective, whether the newer Wave systems will sound better to you will come down to your own personal preferences.

I always recommend trying to find a speaker that you can try out and see what you think of the sound in person, as this is always the best way to work out if a speaker sounds good to you! It's worth looking to see if a store near you stocks the Wave Music System IV to try, and if not, we do have a trial period for all orders placed on the Bose website. In the US, there is a 90 day trial period so if you could order one to test and see if you think it sounds better than your current system!

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Differences in sound quality of Bose Wave System products over time.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gabriello

Hi Gabriello,

We do always look to improve our speakers with every version that is released adding features and making sure we get the best sound possible. As I find sound can be very subjective, whether the newer Wave systems will sound better to you will come down to your own personal preferences.

I always recommend trying to find a speaker that you can try out and see what you think of the sound in person, as this is always the best way to work out if a speaker sounds good to you! It's worth looking to see if a store near you stocks the Wave Music System IV to try, and if not, we do have a trial period for all orders placed on the Bose website. In the US, there is a 90 day trial period so if you could order one to test and see if you think it sounds better than your current system!

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post