Echo Input is connected but not working.

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Echo Input is connected but not working.

I went all through the set-up for the Echo Input but no sound comes through my Wave Radio. When I ask Alexa a question, I do get a blue light & can tell it is responding, but there is no sound?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Echo Input is connected but not working.

Hi Sin212, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

May i ask how you have connected the Amazon echo to the wave system? is this through Bluetooth or through the AUX port?

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Silent Starter

I have the Echo connected through the auxilary port.  Still isn't working.

Hi Sin212, 

Thank you for getting back to us.

Could I please check, does the Echo Dot reply to you when it is not connected to the Wave? Also, have you selected AUX input on the speaker and ensured the volume is up?

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Quiet Contributor

I'm having the same issue - please help!

Hello Sammiejanl40, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting your Amazon Echo Dot to your Wave Music System. I would love to try and help you to solve this issue. 

Can I please confirm: 

• Which Wave system do you have? 
  • Does the Echo Dot reply when it is not connected to the Wave system? 
  • Are you too connected via an AUX connection or are you connected via a Bluetooth connection? 
  • Is the volume turned up on the Wave system?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Quiet Contributor

@Vicky_W wrote:

Hello Sammiejanl40, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting your Amazon Echo Dot to your Wave Music System. I would love to try and help you to solve this issue. 

Can I please confirm: 

• Which Wave system do you have? 
  • Does the Echo Dot reply when it is not connected to the Wave system? 
  • Are you too connected via an AUX connection or are you connected via a Bluetooth connection? 
  • Is the volume turned up on the Wave system?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Hi Vicky - thanks so much for your quick reply.  I got it working, but now my question is, it works when I have my remote on "aux".  But when I turn the radio off, it goes off of "aux" so my alarm doesn't work in the morning.  How do I "lock" it on "aux" so the echo will continually work without my having to press "aux" on the remote every time I turn the radio on?  I hav the Bose Wave IV.  

Hi Sammiejanl40,

Thank you for your reply. 

I'm glad to hear you have got this working! 

In regard to your query, the Echo is unable to turn your system on when an alarm is being sounded. The only way you will be able to have your alarm play through your Wave system is to keep it on all night. Alternatively, You can set an alarm on your Wave system. The link here gives information on how to set this if you choose to do so. 

Have a great day! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Quiet Contributor

Thanks so much!

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi Sammiejanl40,

Thank you for your reply. 

I'm glad to hear you have got this working! 

In regard to your query, the Echo is unable to turn your system on when an alarm is being sounded. The only way you will be able to have your alarm play through your Wave system is to keep it on all night. Alternatively, You can set an alarm on your Wave system. The link here gives information on how to set this if you choose to do so. 

Have a great day! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Quiet Contributor

Hi i want to be able to use the Echo input and ask Alexa questions without always having to jot aux on the remote. When I hit aux the radio comes on why.