PitDAS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Endless software update for send wave app.

Bose Sound Touch Speaker.

The product is not user frinedly at all.  I have Sound Touch App on my Mac.  Every time I open it, it requires a software update. I update. It closes the application. I open it again and, guess what? It requires me to update the app again, and again, and again and again, and again. 

Plugged the speaker into the TV. Never works.  Thanks Boose for taking a lot of my money and providing me with a lousy "customer experince."    Maybe I'll just go buy a dumb record player and get out the vinyl again.  

Solutions offered stink as to providing clear, concise directions.  I imagine they make sense to someone but not, me.  Not a soft ware engineer.  

PitDas

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Endless software update for send wave app.

Hi PitDAS, 

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Bose Community and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your SoundTouch Speaker. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to get this resolved for you.

In regards to the update loop, you are experiencing on your Mac, I would recommend uninstalling the application (this will need to be done through finder, not trash) and then reinstalling the app through the app store. If you have successfully uninstalled the application this should resolve the loops you are experiencing. 

I'd love to assist you with audio from your TV. In order to do so, please let me know which speaker you have. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Bradders
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Endless software update for send wave app.

I have the same problem with my MAC every time there is an update too. The way I sort it is once the first offer of the update is taken, go into Applications then Soundtouch Folder and finally Update folder. You should see the latest update has downloaded there. Open the folder and click on install. Follow the instructions as normal and once it has installed and you shouldn't get an offer of an update again until the next release. If that don't work then I would follow the instruction of un-install but as stated you lose all the settings you may have. Seems for some MAC users there is a software problem on the "normal" way it should install.