External speaker for Wave Sound Touch IV

SOLVED
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

External speaker for Wave Sound Touch IV

I just bought a Wave SoundTouch series IV and want to connect a external speaker to use on the patio like the Bose soundlink color II.    What are my options?

Thanks,

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Chief of the Boat

Accepted Solutions

Re: External speaker for Wave Sound Touch IV

Hi Terry, 

You can do this with either. Both of the speakers have to be connected to Wi-Fi to display in the SoundTouch app. When using an audio source within the SoundTouch app, you can play this on both devices. If you wanted to use your Bluetooth device as the audio source, you can connect directly to one speaker and then use the SoundTouch app to re-broadcast the audio to the other speaker. 

As always, I'm here to answer any further questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Terry,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

It will not be possible to connect the SoundLink Color II to your Wave SoundTouch Music System IV. However, we do have some great speakers in our SoundTouch range that will easily connect to your Wave system. 

To temporarily use on your patio, I would recommend the SoundTouch 10 and it is smaller but powerful. 

If you wanted a more permanent option for outdoor speakers, I would suggest taking a look at our outdoor range which can also connect to your Wave SoundTouch Music System with the SA-5 SoundTouch Amplifier. 

SoundTouch outdoor wireless system with 151 SE speakers

SoundTouch outdoor wireless system with 251 speakers

I hope this gives you some insight and you can decide on the perfect setup for your patio listening. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Charlotte,

How does the sound touch 10 connect to the Wave?

Thanks,

Terry

Hi Terry, 

Both of the systems use the SoundTouch platform and therefore you can group them in the SoundTouch App and simultaneously play the same audio. 

If you have any further questions, please do get back to me.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G  

Quiet Contributor

Wifi or Bluetooth?

Hi Terry, 

You can do this with either. Both of the speakers have to be connected to Wi-Fi to display in the SoundTouch app. When using an audio source within the SoundTouch app, you can play this on both devices. If you wanted to use your Bluetooth device as the audio source, you can connect directly to one speaker and then use the SoundTouch app to re-broadcast the audio to the other speaker. 

As always, I'm here to answer any further questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G