trashboat
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

HHH ( 3103 )

Since Monday (05/20/19) my Wave SoundTouch IV has been unable to play any of my BBC presets. Am on the west coast of the US. When I manually search a BBC station I get an error code 3103. I have tried the update but still have the same problem. Anyone able to help? 

Cheers 

trashboat

7 REPLIES 7

Re: HHH ( 3103 )

Hello @trashboat, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've started experiencing issues with accessing radio stations and would be happy to get you back on track!

In order to address this, can I ask that you do the following please?

1) Please uninstall the app from the connected device. Once uninstalled, please install this back onto the phone and sign back in.

2) Please also reset the Wi-Fi connection to this speaker. This can be done by holding the button on the rear of the pedestal until the LED turns solid amber. Once done, please go to the "Add or Reconnect speaker" part of the Soundtouch app, and add this speaker back in. 

Once you have done both of the above, please search for the station again and ensure that this is assigned to the preset correctly.

Please get back to me to let me know how the above goes!

Liam W - Community Support

trashboat
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Hi Liam

Thanks for getting back to me so swiftly.

I followed your instructions and no joy! Am still getting same error message! Maybe this is an issue with the BBC? They did something similar a couple of years back when they converted their streaming service to MP3. This is perhaps a DASH issue, I don't know. I checked the BBC streaming support site but found no info! 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help

Trashboat

Hello trashboat,

Thanks for reaching out again, I am sorry to hear you are still having trouble getting BBC stations on your Wave SoundTouch IV system. I would recommend trying a product reset, please follow the steps below.

To reset the Wave SoundTouch Music System, follow these steps:

1. If there is a disc in the system, eject it whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Wave SoundTouch. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
    1. If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
  5. Retest the system

To reset the SoundTouch pedestal, follow these steps:

1. On the back of the SoundTouch pedestal, press and hold the Control button for more than 10 seconds and then release it
  2. After several seconds the pedestal should turn on again and reconnect with your network

Note: Restarting does not affect your SoundTouch presets or your saved network credentials 

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

trashboat
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Thanks Zoe C

I tried your suggestions and still have 3103 ! Thanks for trying. I have got around the problem by bluetooth pairing my imac to stream live from BBC sounds. This is a bit of a pain as it kind of kicks the Soundtouch app into the long grass and means I have to keep switching windows while I work. I'm sure those smart people at Bose will soon figure it out.

Cheers 

Hello trashboat,

I am really glad you have found a way around the problem! Thanks for posting your workaround to the problem too, this really helps other community members who may be having the same issue find a solution quicker. 

Should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C

colync
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Myself and my parents have same issue, similar timing. Just bbc3. Interestingly, my 20 seems aware of the current show but does not stream any sound and 3103 error and ultimately requests I find another station. The Bluetooth workaround is frustrating and defeats the point of the internet radio. Please investigate, I’ve tried reinstalling each of the radio and apps.

Hello Colync, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am very sorry that your first post is of a negative experience. I would urge you to complete all of the troubleshooting steps recommended by @Zoe_C and @Liam_W

Whilst you are completing these steps, we have raised a task internally to make the team aware of this issue. 

We will update the Community as soon as we know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W