Pilgrim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Headphones and Blue tooth adapter

I wish to  connect headphones without using the jack at the back of the Wave SoundTouch III  system. Because to gain access to the headphone connector  I would have to remove the system from the cabinet it is in.

The Wave SoundTouch III  system does not have Bluetooth. Can a bluetooth transmitter be attached to the system so that when not in use the speakers are  unmuted

I am trying to avoid lifting the Wave Soundtouch out of a cabinet everytime I wish to use headphones.

I know the simplest way is to move the system to another location where the jack is more accessible but this is not feasable. 

Regards

Pilgrim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Headphones and Blue tooth adapter

Author Accepted Answer selected by Pilgrim

Hi Pilgrim, 

Thanks for posting and getting back to us. 

The Wave SoundTouch speaker that you have does not have Bluetooth capability meaning that you will not be able to connect anything Bluetooth to this system. 

You are attempting to use the speaker in a way that it was not designed for meaning that you will of course come across issues with plugging the headphones in because you have the speaker in a location that is difficult to reach. I would recommend moving this speaker so that it is more accessible for you to plug in your headphones. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B.

9 REPLIES 9

Hi Pilgrim, 

Thank you for posting and thanks for your question. You can use a 3rd party Bluetooth adapter for the speaker however still will completely disable the speakers on the system meaning that every time you want to use the Wave as it is intended to be used you will need to remove the adapter. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

Pilgrim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Hi Hector B,

Is there away of adding adding a compatible new speaker to the network that has blue tooth capability. then I could acces from that?

Regards

Pilgrim

Hi Pilgrim, 

Thanks for posting! 

Just so I can give the correct answer you are looking for another SoundTouch speaker that you can connect to your Wave SoundTouch so that you can listen to music via headphones? 

If you are trying to use this set up to send CD audio via SoundTouch this will not work. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Pilgrim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

I am looking for another Soundtouch speaker that I can connect to Wave Soundtouch III . The new soundtouch Speaker Would Have Bluetooth.

If I have A newly Connected Speaker  to the network then that would play content that the original main speaker can?

If that content is comming through the newly connected speaker then if it also was bluetooth capable would that  content not be passed onto a Bluetooth Headphone?

Hi Pilgrim, 

What kind of content are you wanting to stream to your Bluetooth headphones? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Pilgrim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Hi Hector B

I would not look for any restrictions to content. But if the best soluion leaves only certain content possible then I would rather go with that, than nothing.

At least radio and internet radio and possibly music from computer and I think not possinble for CD?

Regards

Pilgrim

Hi Pilgrim, 

I would recommend connecting your headphones to the computer for the Radio/Internet Radio and Music from the PC. You would not need the Wave to be in this loop. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Pilgrim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Are you saying that with the system I have, Bose bluetooth headphones will connect to everything bluetooth apart from Bose speaker I have?

The computer is in  a bedroom and the Wavetouch is in the living room where I would like to listen to without dsturbing anyone else.

I would have to have the computer on for your suggestion to work, which would mean disturbing anyone in the bedroom trying to sleep if that was the case I could just listen to the computer no need for headphones and dispense with Bose products?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Pilgrim

Hi Pilgrim, 

Thanks for posting and getting back to us. 

The Wave SoundTouch speaker that you have does not have Bluetooth capability meaning that you will not be able to connect anything Bluetooth to this system. 

You are attempting to use the speaker in a way that it was not designed for meaning that you will of course come across issues with plugging the headphones in because you have the speaker in a location that is difficult to reach. I would recommend moving this speaker so that it is more accessible for you to plug in your headphones. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B.