Kmpos
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2021

Headphones

Hi. I’m looking to use wireless headphones with my Bose wave sound touch music system series IV. Think the model no is 417788-WMS. 

If this is not possible, could I get a third-party Bluetooth transmitter, connect it to the headphone output jack, and then receive the signal with any of the Bose wireless headphones?

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
Sam_F

Re: Headphones

Hey Kmpos,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I hope you're enjoying your SoundTouch Wave system so far!

In regard to using wireless headphones with the system, this isn't possible with the Wave or through the SoundTouch app. As you've suggested, you'll likely need to connect a third-party Bluetooth transmitter to the AUX port of the system and connect through this way. However, this isn't recommended as we cannot account for the performance and compatibility of third-party devices.

However, you're more than welcome to give this a try if this would be what you prefer. Do let us know what you find, or if you have any further queries regarding your Wave system.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!