Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooking Bose Wave up to speakers

My mom has an ancient Bose Wave (probably purchased around 2005).  It only has a jack for headphones.  I have wired her house with wired speakers (16 gage wire) and I'm trying to hook her Bose up to the speakers with no luck.  I'm using a 3.5 mm plug to bare wire and connectiong to the speaker wire.  No sound.  What am I doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hooking Bose Wave up to speakers

Hello there!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

This is not something that we recommend and the system was not designed for this intention. However, if anybody in the Bose Community has experience with this, please do feel free to chime in with recommendations. 

Sorry that I could not help further with this. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I figured but thought I should check.  Thanks so much for the message!

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hello there!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

This is not something that we recommend and the system was not designed for this intention. However, if anybody in the Bose Community has experience with this, please do feel free to chime in with recommendations. 

Sorry that I could not help further with this. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

First, plug a headset into the headphone jack to make sure it is working.  Then, you would need some sort of stereo receiver or amplifier to power the speakers.  You could use a cable from the Bose headphone jack to an input jack on the receiver or amplifier.  Then connect the speakers to the speaker outs on the back of the receiver or amp.