Highlighted
jxu870
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

How can I use a BOSE WAVE Music System bought in China (220V) in Canada (110V)

I inherited a Bose Wave from my late mother. The unit was bought in China where they use 220V for household power outlet. I live in Canada. Is there anything (like a transformer, or adaptor) I can use (preferably from recognized brands, hopefully a Bose original) to power the BOSE WAVE in Canada?

I loved unit, it has a lot of memories in it.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How can I use a BOSE WAVE Music System bought in China (220V) in Canada (110V)

Hello Jxu870, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am so happy to hear that one of our products can bring you joy and comfort. Can I please ask which system it is that you have as this will allow me to check what we have available? 

Many Thanks, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

jxu870
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Re: How can I use a BOSE WAVE Music System bought in China (220V) in Canada (110V)

Hi Vicky

Good to read from you. Sorry it may look like I am responding to your nice message just now, but I actually responded right away but the silly outlook mail system somehow took two days to let me know that my email was "undeliverable". I feel bad about it might look like I was "ignoring" a friendly message from someone who's trying to help. For that I sure apologize.  Anyway.

The device I brought back with me from my mom's old condo is a Bose Wave Music System. I have the SN here:

EDITED BY MODERATOR.  I have also attached two pictures of the labels at the bottom. 

It's an older model but my mom loved it. My brother, sister and myself all chipped in to buy this for her 80's birthday. It works in China where the household voltage is 220v.

I would love to revive it in my own home in Toronto, where we have the north american 110v.

If you could help me with this I'd really really appreciate.

Jerry

Hello Jerry, 

Thank you for getting back to me. I have located your device within the system and can see that you are going to need a power converter. You can pick these up on Amazon or any online retailer, we do not recommend any specific brands, but if any users from the Community have any that they have used we would welcome you to share your experiences. 

I hope this information helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W ​​​​​​​

Yair
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2018

Hi

I live in Canada (Toronto) and I have a 110 unit. We can swap since I need it overseas.

thanks

jxu870
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Great to read from you, sorry it took me a while to respond. The email went to my spam folder.

I'd assume you are going to a country where the voltage is 220v? May I know what year is your BOSE WAVE? Whereabout are you in Toronto?  May I have a picture of your unit please?  If you can shoot me an email directly to [Edited by Moderator], we can exchange pictures of our units first then decide where to meet. I like the swap idea.

Thank you.  Jerry