Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: How do I connect my iPhone to the Bose wave IV

Author Accepted Answer selected by Zoe_C

Hi Mec!

Thank you for reaching out!

You can do this multiple ways. We can connect the iPhone to the Wave System using Bluetooth, WiFi or Auxiliary.

If you pay for a streaming service such as Spotify, Pandora, or Amazon Music. You can use our Soundtouch application. Once you download the Soundtouch application on your iPhone, it should guide you through the setup process.

With Bluetooth, it is quite simple. You can use the Bose remote, and press the Bluetooth button. Then go to your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and select the Wave System under the Bluetooth Settings.

Auxiliary is just as simple, you can plug the iPhone directly into the auxiliary port on the back of the system. Then all the sound from the iPhone will come through the Wave System.

If you have issues with this I would highly suggest contacting your local Bose support team. They can help you set your system up for your use case. You can contact them by clicking HERE. Selecting your region, then scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. All the details can be found here about contacting us.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Zoe_C

Hi Mec!

Thank you for reaching out!

You can do this multiple ways. We can connect the iPhone to the Wave System using Bluetooth, WiFi or Auxiliary.

If you pay for a streaming service such as Spotify, Pandora, or Amazon Music. You can use our Soundtouch application. Once you download the Soundtouch application on your iPhone, it should guide you through the setup process.

With Bluetooth, it is quite simple. You can use the Bose remote, and press the Bluetooth button. Then go to your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and select the Wave System under the Bluetooth Settings.

Auxiliary is just as simple, you can plug the iPhone directly into the auxiliary port on the back of the system. Then all the sound from the iPhone will come through the Wave System.

If you have issues with this I would highly suggest contacting your local Bose support team. They can help you set your system up for your use case. You can contact them by clicking HERE. Selecting your region, then scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. All the details can be found here about contacting us.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

I don't see a wifi symbol on my WaveRadio 4 remote. Am I missing something?

Highlighted

Hi Licricket,

As we have a couple of Wave IV systems, the Wave Radio IV, the Wave Music System IV, and the Wave SoundTouch Music System IV. Could you let me know which system you have? If you are unsure, you can check this with our Product Identifier.

The Wi-Fi symbol will only be available on the remote for the Wave SoundTouch Music System IV, it won't be an option on the Wave Music System IV and the Wave Radio IV. The reason for this is the Wave SoundTouch Music System VI has the SoundTouch pedestal that allows for both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections. The Wi-Fi symbol is to switch to using this pedestal as an input. 

Let me know which system you have and I will be happy to help you get your phone connected!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

I have the Wave Radio IV. I just want to know what cord do I purchase for this to work. I already have my mini speakers plugged in.  

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this!

If you wish to connect your mobile device, you will want a 3.5mm - 3.5mm cable, this is if your iPhone has a headphone jack. If a headphone jack is not available on your device you will want to look for a 3.5mm - lightening cable. 

Do note if you wish to play through AUX make sure you ensure that the AUX button has been pressed. 😊

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!