Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

How to change back to buzzer for alarm on Wave Radio?

I have a Wave Radio from c. 2005. It has one alarm. Currently I have the alarm set to radio. But now I want to go back to having it set to the buzzer and I cannot find how to do that.

I would really prefer not having to reset everything to defaults in order to get just this one default.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How to change back to buzzer for alarm on Wave Radio?

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

So I can provide you with the most accurate information on this, it would be helpful to know exactly which model of Wave Radio you have. Could you please double-check this using our Product Identifier and let me know which model it is?

Once I know which model you have I'll be able to let you know the steps needed to change the alarm sound on your system!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

It is a "Wave music system", model AWRCC2.

Highlighted

Thank you for clarifying Amy.

There isn't a way to revert back to the beeping sound for the alarm, once you've set a CD or radio station. You can set other radio stations or CD's, but I suspect the buzzer sound is solely the default noise and can not be heard unless you do perform a factory reset and start over, without deliberately setting the alarm sounds to radio/CD.

One thing you could try is to switch the system to CD (without having a CD in the system), then to hold the 'Wake To' button on the remote, until you hear the radio beep. I'd be intrigued if it allows you to set an alarm and if you do hear the beep, what sound do you hear on the alarm?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!