Highlighted
Hronnfeldt
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 13, 2019

How to connect my new wave music system IV with Bluetooth to connect to my Android phone.

The remote that came in the box has a normal AUX button.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to connect my new wave music system IV with Bluetooth to connect to my Android phone.

Hi Hronnfeldt, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

What Android do you have? Also did you purchase the SoundTouch Pedestal with the system? 

Thanks, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Hronnfeldt
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 13, 2019

Re: How to connect my new wave music system IV with Bluetooth to connect to my Android phone.

I did not buy anything extra with my Bose. They said the one I bought now has everything I need like Bluetooth. My phone is a Motorola Droid Force. They were also suppose to send AUX cord that was not in my box so I could hook it straight to the TV. Thank you for your help

Hello @Hronnfeldt, thank you for getting back to us.

If this system was purchased directly from us, then this would not have originally come with an AUX cord for connection. I would advise that you get in touch with Bose support in your local region if you would like to acquire one of these.

To clarify, if your system is not the Wave Soundtouch IV, then you would have needed an additional adapter for Bluetooth.

The Wave Soundtouch IV comes with a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi pedestal that the system sits on, while the original system does not. 

If your system is not the Soundtouch variant, then you would need a Bluetooth adapter, or home entertainment adapter (e.g an Alexa system) to be able to connect to this via Bluetooth.

If you have purchased a system that does not support Bluetooth without such an adapter, and are interested in using this function, then I would advise you either acquire an adapter, or return this to where you purchased this from, then purchase the correct variant of this system.

I apologise for any confusion caused, and hope this clears this up for you!

Liam W