drzagar
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Intermittent loud static from one speaker.

Have an older Bose Wave Radio that has developed a loud, crackling sound from one speaker (R) that comes and goes.  Sound from radio is FINE but the intermittent loud "crackling" sound needs to be addressed.  Any idea what gives?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Re: Intermittent loud static from one speaker.

Hey Drzagar, 

Thanks for reaching out today and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I would love to assist you in getting this issue resolved, however, I really would need to know which specific system you have. You can use this page here to type in the serial number of your system. This begins with SN and will be on the label either at the bottom or on the back of the system. This will then tell you the specific name of your device.

I very much look forward to your response. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
drzagar
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Re: Intermittent loud static from one speaker.

I was able to trace the problem to a broken cable/radio antenna connector on the back of the unit.  From twisting on and off over the years, it simply snapped and apparently caused some kind of short.  I was able to remove it and all seems OK now.  Great sound.  Even got a new remote that now works. Good for another decade or so.  Thanks.