Is there a way to connect to old Wave Radio via Bluetooth adapter?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Is there a way to connect to old Wave Radio via Bluetooth adapter?

I have an old Wave Radio (1990-1994) that has been great.  I would like to connect to it via Bluetooth, but I am probally way off base.  Is there an adapter that will work via the connections there are, or is this just wishful thinking?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a way to connect to old Wave Radio via Bluetooth adapter?

Hi hersee,

Excellent question.  You can purchase a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter and connect it to the "AUX in" on the back of your Bose radio.  This would give the system Bluetooth and SoundTouch functionality.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Best,

Brandon

9 REPLIES

Hi hersee,

Excellent question.  You can purchase a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter and connect it to the "AUX in" on the back of your Bose radio.  This would give the system Bluetooth and SoundTouch functionality.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Best,

Brandon

Silent Starter

Are there any other Bluetooth adapters that will work with my Wave Music System?  It's an earlier version, probably I.  I also have the 5 disc changer. $149 for the SoundTouch is too much for me!

Hi MarilynCoffy,

Thanks for the question.  Absolutely!  Any sort of Bluetooth Audio Receiver connected to the AUX port on the back of your radio should do the trick (as long as you only want bluetooth connectivity).

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Silent Starter

Re: Sound link Bluetooth music adapter for Bose Wave iii

I have a Bose wave music system AWRCC1. It does have a bose link connection open on the rear. My question is will the 

Bose Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter work with my system? I have read several different answers to this question. One person said it will only work if I buy a power adapter for the music adapter. Please reply so I will know how to proceed.

Re: Sound link Bluetooth music adapter for Bose Wave iii

Hi madjuster,

Thank you for the question.

The accepted solution in this thread should help you with what you're looking for. The SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter also comes with the ability to be able to stream your favorite music from different streaming services via the SoundTouch application.

You would not need to use the Boselink connection for this product.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Silent Starter

I tried for 35 minutes with Bose techinical to get my WAVE Bluetooth Music Adapter to be seen by my Samsung S9. No luck. The tech did not posess english as a first language. The adapter does have a 5 vdc power port, i didn't get an adapter with the kit. The light on the adapter front never comes on. The plug is.properly connected, aux is active. Is this why my phone cannot see it?? Help, if you know the answer.

Hello Mgpackard@charter.net! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble, but am glad to help. Your adapter should be connected to the Boselink connector on the rear of your Wave. To make the adapter discoverable follow these instructions here:

For the Wave® Radio III, IV and Wave® Music System III, IV: Using your Wave® system remote control, press until BLUETOOTH appears on the Wave® system display. Press and hold down the Presets 5 button for five seconds. On your Samsung S9's Bluetooth list you should then see "Bose Adapter". 

If you do not see it available, clearing the Bluetooth device list may help. Press and hold the Presets 6 button on the remote for 10 seconds until you hear a tone. The Wave® system clears all devices from its memory and returns to discoverable mode.

Alternatively, if none of these solutions works for you, please PM us the serial number of your Wave so we can check to ensure compatibility and possible solutions with more accuracy.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Silent Starter

Brandon - Similar situation as below except I have my SIRIUS XM Satellite Home Radio connected to the AUX on the WAVE Radio.  We'd like expand the capability to listen to the Sirius XM radio via the WAVE system to several Bose Soundlink speakers throughout our home.  If there is only one AUX on the WAVE Radio, is it still posssible to connect the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter?  Your assistance with this would be much apreciated?  Paul M

Hello Erisa401! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

If you have multiple SoundTouch speakers and wish to add your Wave radio to the network, you can use the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter connected to the Aux input. You would then add SiriusXM to your services on the SoundTouch app and you will have access to SiriusXM content on your entire SoundTouch network. Here is a helpful video that explains how to connect your account to the SoundTouch app. 

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support