Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Is there an app which controls the Wave Music System IV

Hi I just got my Wave and SoundTouch pedestal, so that I can connect to Spotify, use it with Alexa and connect it to my SoundTouch 10 Speaker. I love the sound especially when playing CDs, digital doesn’t come close. But I’m disappointed that I’m now tethered to a remote and have to be close to the display to modify any settings. I expected better from Bose. Hopefully there’s an app out there which addresses this so that I can do everything on my iPhone. Thanks in advance for your response. Sandy 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Is there an app which controls the Wave Music System IV

No, the only app from Bose that works is the SOundTouch app, which is just for streaming and connecting to other SoundTouch devices.

There may be third party apps out there that can give you control, but you would need a device that either transmits IR or converts BT/Wifi to IR instructions (such as Logitech have).  However you wouldn't get any Wave information on the app - You'd still have to read the Wave screen.

To be fair, the Soundtouch system has been out for around 6 years, and while there have been updates to Soundtouch, very little was changed on the Wave side of things in over 10 years (apart from cosmetics).  With that in mind I wouldn't expect much better app integration than they have.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Re: Is there an app which controls the Wave Music System IV

Thanks Morlock for your response.