Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelW
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Local Internet Station Coming in "weak", very low volume

Hi. I have a Wave Soundtouch IV and a Soundtouch 30. Some months ago, this board was VERY helpful in getting my favourite station back after TuneIn dropped them from their service.  With this board’s help, I was able to add the station to the app as a Local Internet Station.

Everything was great until a couple of weeks ago, when suddenly the station came in very faintly, on both units. The sound was clear – no skips, hiss, crackle, etc – but I could barely hear it. I have to turn the volume WAY up, to 45 or 50, to be able to hear it properly. All other stations come in fine, from TuneIn and SiriusXM, at normal volumes (typically around 25).

The station comes in just fine over my computer, volume is normal, so I doubt it’s them. The link I have in the app is https://us2.maindigitalstream.com/ssl/KKIK.

I’d be grateful for any help. Thanks!

Bose product name

Wave Soundtouch IV and Soundtouch 30

Country

Canada

Firmware Version

No idea

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Samsung S20 FE

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? Quiet home setting

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

About 2 weeks ago, worked fine up to then.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

No

6 REPLIES 6
Vicky_W

Re: Local Internet Station Coming in "weak", very low volume

Hello MichaelW, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community forums. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues streaming your custom URL. Let's see what we can do to get this fixed for you. To start with, we will want to try resetting both of the systems. To do this we need to power down the speakers, unplug the power cords, wait 30 seconds - and then plug them back in. A reset will clear most slight bugs. 

If this does not work, I would suggest trying to add another custom stream for that station under a different name within your SoundTouch app. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MichaelW
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Hi @Vicky_W,  thank you for replying.

I powered down both units, unplugged them for about 10 minutes, powered them back up, same result; the internet station comes in at a MUCH lower volume than the others.

I then tried entering the station URL again and renamed it. Same result.

Just for thoroughness, I also tried adding some other custom stations and couldn't get a single one to work at all, never mind at low volume. Tried stations from Canada and the US.

-MW

Liam_G

Thank you for confirming Michael, 

I would recommend clearing the cache on your web browser that you are getting the URL from. 

Also, try signing out of the Soundtouch app, then sign back in and try the custom URL again to see if there any any improvements with the audio level. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
MichaelW
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Hi Liam.

I got the URL from my laptop, which I then entered manually into the Soundtouch app - not through a browser - on my smartphone. No cache issues to clear; two separate devices entirely.

I tried signing out and back in, no change.

Marvin_B

Hi Michael.

Thank you for getting back to us. I have looked into this for you.

I would like you try and enter the station name itself via the TuneIn website HERE, and see if it works without issue.

If it does, can you give us the station name that you have use in search bar of the TuneIn website.

Please let us know.

MichaelW
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

The station is KKIK Outlaw Country 106.5 FM, from Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas. It is not available through TuneIn, though it was previously. I had written to the station manager, Chad, when I could no longer find them on TuneIn and he explained that they were no longer carried by that service. That's why I have it as a Local Internet station on my Wave system.

I tried searching just now, using the link you provided, and was unable to find it.