Highlighted
rhastings80
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Looking for best way to add Bluetooth to Bose Wave IV Radio

Hi,

I have a Bose Wave radio IV part number 738028-1310.  I belive it was manufactured in the year 2017.  This is only the radio and doesn't have a cd player.  I would like to be able to use Bluetooth and possibly WIFI to play music.  Ideally I'm thinking the best bet would be to get a pedestal for it.  I'm not sure if you made a pedestal for this radio or not.  I live in the US but I don't see anything on your website about a pedestal.  The interesting thing is it looks like there is one sold in the UK - https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/speakers/speaker_accessories/soundtouch-pedestal.html .  I see I could buy a Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link but then I would have to hook up with only AUX and I'm guessing that wouldn't sound very good.  I also see there is an older Bose Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter which I think would also work and that would use the Boselink connector which I'm guessing would sound better vs the AUX.  Wondering what you would recommend and most interested to know if I can get a pedestal and if so what's the part number or how do I purchase it? 

Thanks very much, Rob 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rhastings80
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Re: Looking for best way to add Bluetooth to Bose Wave IV Radio

Author Accepted Answer selected by rhastings80

Hi,

I did purchase a used Wave Soundtouch pedestal- 412534 off of Ebay. I was able to get it to work with the Bose Wave Radio IV after upgrading the firmware on it. Thanks for the help.

5 REPLIES 5
rhastings80
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2019

I'm wondering if this pedistal would work with it?

SoundTouch Pedestal 412534-SM2?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rhastings80, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the community. 

The SoundTouch Pedestal you have suggested above would work with your system, however it will not feature Bluetooth. You can also use the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter as you have suggested above and it will work fine. The SoundTouch pedestal part number you are looking for is 738034-0710 for Black and 738034-0310 for silver. You will need to reach out to the customer support team to purchase this part. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

rhastings80
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Hi Hector,

Thanks very much for your help.  I called Bose customer support at 1-800-644-2673 and also at 1-800-379-2073 and both people I talked to said they coudn't sell just the pedistal.  They said that's a repair part number and they can't sell it as its only for repair.  Wondering if I have any other options to purchase?  Also wondering if the part number you provided 738034-0310 is for the Bose IV or Bose III?  I have a Bose Wave IV Radio and trying to add the pedistal.  Guess I can watch say Ebay for the part.  Just wondering if I need part number 412534-SM2 which looks like its for the Bose IV or the 412534 which looks like its for the Bose III.  Do I need the IV one or would the Wave III predistal als work with the Bose IV radio?  

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rhastings80, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I am very sorry to hear that they couldn't assist further in this case. I wouldn't recommend the 412534-SM2 as this Pedestal doesn't include Bluetooth, I would recommend the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter. The Wave III pedestal should also work with the system, however it may not include Bluetooth. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

rhastings80
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by rhastings80

Hi,

I did purchase a used Wave Soundtouch pedestal- 412534 off of Ebay. I was able to get it to work with the Bose Wave Radio IV after upgrading the firmware on it. Thanks for the help.