Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

Low AUX volume level using 3.5mm input jack

I have to set the volume to 80 to be able to hear anything plugged into the 3.5mm AUX input. Is the system defective or is there something that can be updated firmware or a setting I'm missing that would allow it to have normal volume from AUX inputs.

It doesn't matter what is plugged in, an iphone volume output set to max, or an echo in this case which has no volume adjustments, what ever you plug into the AUX the volume is very low.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Low AUX volume level using 3.5mm input jack

Hello wisenberger, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing low audio when using a 3.5mm connection.

We would love to do what we can to assist you. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

It is the Wave music system, model # AWRCC2.

I also just completed a phone call with support, I was told that the Wave Music system is designed for Radio, and the built in CD player and the AUX has low volume because it was really just designed for Radio and CD. My question is if its not designed for AUX why is it included?

Additionally If I'm listening to a CD at a certain volume, and I switch to a the AUX I feel I should have the same volume level experience, this is not the case and the tech support representative basically said don't use the AUX its really not designed for it? This baffles me as it has an AUX wouldn't I expect to use it and expect the same hopefully good experience in its use?

Instead she told me that there are other devices by Bose that would work with the AUX as an amplified speaker? So I'm expected to buy another Bose product? Not sure I'm willing to do this as I have one already that isn't working as I would expect.

Doesn't sound like I'll get any satisfactory answers from Bose for my problem, although I'm willing to see what your response is.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hello wisenberger, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I also just completed a phone call with support, I was told that the Wave Music system is designed for Radio, and the built in CD player and the AUX has low volume because it was really just designed for Radio and CD. My question is if its not designed for AUX why is it included?

This is certainly not the case and I'm sorry this was advised. There should be barely, if any, noticeable difference in volume level between sources.  

Personally, I would recommend checking the Auxiliary input on the back of the system to ensure it is free of debris. I would also suggest trying a different AUX cable to see if this helps.

If the issue persists, I would encourage you to get in touch with Bose support by phone to discuss your options for service as this could indicate a problem with the AUX port. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

I also am using an external cd drive into my MacBook Pro with the plug from the MacBook to the AUX on the Bose radio.  I have the volume up to 90 on the Bose and all the way up on my Mac.   The volume is so soft I will only be able to hear it if I am close by. 

I was hoping to play an old collection of cds on the Bose.  I guess I'll play it directly from my MacBook.  If anyone comes up with a fix to this that would be wonderful.

Highlighted

Hi ninapy, 

Thanks for joining the conversation! 

Have you tried using another source besides the MacBook Pro? Additionally, have you tried to use a different 3.5mm stereo cable? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

I have the same issue, I raised the issue to customer service but ever sorted.  Now the aux is not working at all. I am wondering is there any chance to use bose link port for input audio sound. If any one has used successfully please let me know.