Highlighted
ljenson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Music library not available

I am having issues bringing up my music library on my iPad.  Also, do the music folders on iTunes not get populated on SoundTouch app?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Music library not available

Hello ljenson, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with iTunes Music Library. Did you set up the library from your computer? If so, could you confirm that you have the computer switched on when you are trying to access it on your iPad?

The folders should be populated on the app. After checking the above, let me know if this is not the case for you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
ljenson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Hi, I logged into app on computer and now see music library on iPad.  However, folders are not 

being populated correctly on computer either from iTunes.  The only ones I have under playlist are:

90’s music, Beatles 1, Music 1 and top 25 played.  I should be seeing purchased folder and the Beatles are in both Beatles 1 and music1.

thanks,

Highlighted
ljenson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

It seems that if I don’t have the app open on my computer and am playing from my iPad it

stops playing that track.  Also, it took my “purchased” folder and added songs in there to my

”music 1” folder.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @ljenson and thanks for the followup!

The SoundTouch server can only draw music from a hard drive if that hard drive is spinning, meaning the device must be powered on. Normally, the SoundTouch app doesn't need to be open on the computer to access that library.

I would however advise that you remove the Music library and then re-add this if you have not done so already. You can do this by going to Settings-->Music Services-->Music Library on Computer-->Remove. Then, back to Settings-->Add a Service-->Add Library.

Once added back in, you may need to re-sync the library. On a MacOS, this is done by clicking the SoundTouch icon on the upper right (near the Wi-Fi/Finder options) and selecting "Sync Music Library". On a Windows device, you would need to right-click the SoundTouch icon in the bottom right near the Volume controls/date and time, and select the Sync option there.

Please let me know if you have any updates or questions!

Liam W 

Highlighted
ljenson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Hi Liam,

It seems that if I am on a laptop I have to have that open to access my music library on my iPad or

smartphone.  I tried re-syncing my music library, no change on music folders from iTunes.

thanks,

Highlighted

Hi Ljenson, 

thank you for coming back to us! 

You are correct, you do need to have your computer 'awake' if you wish to play from the music library. 

Please make sure that all the music you wish to have in your music Library is locally stored i.e. not on the cloud. if your music is located on the cloud you will not see it in the application. 

We look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
ljenson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

I find it more useful pairing my SoundTouch with my iPhone since my music library is located

there.

thanks,

Highlighted
mbmprod
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Re: Music library not available- Can't connect to iTunes libraries.

Hello. Hope to find some help here. 

I'm joining in on this topic as I am experiencing a similar problem as of late. After recent software updates to the Soundtouch app, I am unable to connect to the iTunes libraries on my various computers (which were all working well until recently). I have a Bose CineMate 130 System as well as a Soundtouch 20 Speaker. I am able to connect and play radio music stations through both speakers without a problem. I can see all the iTunes libraries in the menu, but when I try to play something from them, I get the message "HMM…Looks like your music library isn't available right now. Please try again in a few seconds. (6306) or (6304)" I have updated the app on my various computers as well (now on Mac version 23.0.0-2847+a445a28) and I've also tried removing and then adding the libraries again but none of those things seem to work. I love the Bose system and have had great luck with it until recently. Any suggestions anyone could give would be most appreciated.  Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: Music library not available- Can't connect to iTunes libraries.

Hello mbmprod,

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues accessing your iTunes library. 

Before performing any other troubleshooting, have you recently updated your Mac to Mac OS Catalina? If so, I'd recommend reading this page. iTunes was removed in favor of Apple Music in Catalina, so the process has changed for music libraries. 

I'll look forward to your reply.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G