Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Need help finding/fixing Wave II

My 91 year old dad has enjoyed his Acoustic Wave II with a five-CD changer for many years. But it started skipping. He tried the tip of unplugging the unit for a while and restarting but that didn't take. He also tried running a disc cleaner through but that didn't do the trick either. With him in a retirement center on lockdown during the pandemic, I can't get in to help and frankly wouldn't know what else do do anyway. With visitors restricted and the residents there pretty much limited to their own apartments, having a working the Bose player has take on even more importance for him. He really has his heart set on the multi-CD changer but it looks like Bose no longer makes anything of the kind. Please help me help my dad -- can a player as old as he has still be repaired? Are there refurbished models available from reputable sellers? Is there anything available new from Bose that is an acoustic wave but plays multiple CDs and not just one at a time? Thank you so much in advance for any help. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Need help finding/fixing Wave II

Hey CraigG, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to learn that your father's Acoustic Wave system is no longer reliably playing CD's. 

The steps he has tried already are what we would normally recommend to customers and the next step would be a repair. I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance as they will be able to give you the most accurate information in your region. You can contact them by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to help you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!