Highlighted
Scotty V
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 13, 2019

New Wave Radio 4 w CD + Alexa

Will we be able to stream music from our Apps like Amazon Music, Apple Tunes, LG Music Content on our LG iOS Smart Tv?
Or will we have to send this one back & get the Wave w Wireless? We thought with the Alexa compatibility we could save the extra $175+ in cost...Please advise-
And thanks much!!
*Scotty & Co*
6 REPLIES 6

Re: New Wave Radio 4 w CD + Alexa

Hi Scotty V, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

What device are you attempting to stream music from? 

Thanks, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Scotty V
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 13, 2019

Thanks for the reply Hector B.
We’ve just received our new Bose Wave 4 with radio , cd, and it came with an Alexa Voucher that we mail in and received some sort of disc that will hook The Amazon Alexa to the Wave 4.

Our main Tv is one of the new LG Model # OLED65C8PAU with what I believe is an iOS search engine.
I’m a little tech challenged so please bare with me...

We have all kind of Apps on the LG Tv and want to stream them through the new Bose Wave upstairs, via the Alexa Disk when we get it in the mail.

We are wondering if this is possible since the Wave 4 we purchased does not have “WiFi” like the More expensive Bose Wave Soundtouch, that does come with “WiFi” built in, but retails fir $475 vs our $299 Wave 4 that somehow uses the Alexa Disk?
I can find no where on this Bose Site where it discusses the Amazon Alexa add on?
Thanks for your help Hector B!

Hi @Scotty V,

Thanks for getting back to us!

This sounds like a setup usually sold by QVC, which sounds like the Wave IV Music system, with an additional Alexa Echo Input that you would hook up to the system.

The reason that you won't find this online from our site is because this uses the external Alexa device, which is a product owned by Amazon, not by us directly.

After looking into this for you, your particular model of TV does support Bluetooth audio playback.

What this means in your setup, is that you could hook up the Alexa Echo Input to the Wave IV via the AUX cable/ports when this arrives, and then pair this Alexa to your TV via Bluetooth.

As long as your TV is connected to Wi-Fi/Ethernet, and able to access these apps normally, then this can be played to the Wave IV without the need for the Wi-Fi adapter and additional setup.

For clarification, the Wave Soundtouch IV that you have seen online pairs through Wi-Fi to our Soundtouch app, and has the capacity to use Bluetooth without an external adapter or Alexa device, whilst the system you have would require this. (hence the Alexa Echo Input you will likely be using)

I hope this helps clear this up for you!

Liam W

Scotty V
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 13, 2019

Thanks Liam.

The LG Tv has both Google Home & the Amazon Alexa capability’s already built in to it, I guess in a “sleeping app”?
Do we just need to get our actual Alexa Plus (2nd gen) up & running to use the Wave 4 with it?
We are already using Amazon Music & Video App in the Rv & have an Amazon Account registered in the LG Tv?
Sorry to be so uninformed..Tge manuals that came with the LG Tv & the Wave don’t go into this.
Thanks much Liam!

Hi again @Scotty V !

There's no need to apologise for this - These manuals would not mention the usage of this as neither system normally comes with an Alexa speaker.

The Alexa you would use with the Wave IV would allow you to give voice commands directly to that Wave System, e.g "Alexa what's the weather"; and this will play the audio through the Wave IV. 

As your TV has the option for Bluetooth without setting up any additional adapters or Alexa speakers, this would allow you to link this TV to any compatible Bluetooth device.

In your particular setup, I would say that you don't need to use your Alexa Plus. This is because linking your TV to an additional Alexa system (The Alexa Plus) would allow you to give voice commands to that TV, which would normally play through the TV. However, as this is paired to the Wave IV, this would then pass the audio down to the Alexa Echo Input, down to the Wave IV anyway.

To clarify, when you try and play Amazon music, Apple Itunes, LG content etc. through your TV, this would play from the Wave IV if this is setup correctly.

The setup would be:

Source from TV (E.g. Amazon Music, TV channels, etc.), --Bluetooth--> Alexa Echo Input, --AUX--> Wave IV.

I hope this helps you make the best decision here!

Liam W

Scotty V
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 13, 2019

Thanks a lot Liam.

We will get all this layed out as you’ve spec’d and go from there. You’ve done a terrific job explaining everything to us, now we will see if we can “follow directions” properly...
We do appreciate your & Hector B.’s time & patience with us. We will reply back to this post one we do our “trial run” & let you all know how it went.
Thanks again so much!
Scotty V & Co-