Boseyiv
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

No Bluetooth

My Bose Wave Sound Touch music system sereies IV did an update. I can no longer use the bluetooth feature.

On both android or apple. The bose app cannot find/update, or re-add this device. I have done all the resets on the support pages, including all of the other devices in my network. I have tried to add the device both with wifi & directly with ethernet. I have removed, forgotten, re-added everything in my home umteen times.

I have held the button in. I have unplugged the unit for two munutes. I have unplugged the unit for 10 minutes. I have unloaded the app.

I have reloaded the app on a different device. I have gone through the support flow charts too many times to count. I hope this enough information. Please give me something other than flow chart responses.

Thank you.

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Re: No Bluetooth

Hey Boseyiv,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering difficulty using Bluetooth on your system, but I'd be happy to help.

To confirm, when you select Bluetooth on your remote, the display doesn't show 'ready to pair'? There may be an issue with your SoundTouch pedestal, so I think we should try a factory reset, as it seems you may not have attempted this yet.

Please try the following:

1. On the back of the Wave system, check that the Bose link connection is secure
  2. If connected, disconnect the Ethernet cable from the pedestal
  3. On the back of the Wave system, disconnect the power cord
  4. On the back of the pedestal, press and hold the Control button and, while holding it, reconnect the power cord to the Wave system
  5. When the light on the pedestal begins blinking white (about five seconds), release the Control button
  6. Wait until the light on the adapter is solid amber. (Note: While resetting, the light will change colors and blink patterns for up to 4 minutes)
  7. If previously connected, reconnect the Ethernet cable

Let me know if this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Boseyiv
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Hello. Thanks for responding. 

For clarity, I have checked all connections, removed the ethernet cable, & done all the resets recommended in my owners manual, & the support pages.

As it stands, per step 5 in your response, the light never starts blinking, or comes on.

Pressing the bluetooth button on the remote only brings up " aux" on the display.
My Galaxy A8 2018 is up to date on all software & firmware updates. I have forgotten the device in my bluetooth settings. The wave sound touch shows up in the device listings if I rescan but obviously cannot pair because the reset on the Bose device does not induce the light to start blinking. 

I hope that's enough to go on.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Sam_F

Thank you for the clarification Boseyiv. From what you've explained, it seems there has been no improvement in connecting your devices.

Given the troubleshooting that has been tried so far, what I'd advise at this stage, is to contact local support to look further into the available service options. If the pedestal is showing incorrect LED or not going into the correct state, we're going to have difficulty making the connection. When you reach out to the team and agent will be happy to guide you through the process to have this resolved. Let me know how you get on and if you have any further queries!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!